Unwanted quotation marks around linked record fields from airtable

That’s great to hear! However, it always makes me nervous when fiddling works on the first try. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help @dcoletta I think we also figured out that we could strip those on Softr side. I think in the past with previous versions of blocks we have been removing those added by airtable.

1 Like

Any update on the Softr side, @artur?

Hey @jackiecorley,

I’ll check this and keep you posted, not sure though if this has been fixed.

@jackiecorley can you DM me a link so we can check on your example, we fixed it and can’t reproduce on own examples.

Hi Artur/Suzie. Even with David’s workaround (“”&{field}), I get unwanted quotes at the beginning and end of my Airtable formula output. Seems like a discrepancy on Airtable’s end to me.

Thanks Ben! in any case having a url to see this in action would help. feel free to DM me

How do I send a private DM? (My site where I’m seeing this is behind a log-in.)

Example:
Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 8.19.48 PM

I had trouble finding it too! To send a private DM, click on a user’s name, then click the blue “Message” button.

1 Like

Where?

Yikes! What I see when I click on the name is completely different:

I have no idea how else to send a PM.

I did send a DM with an hope to get a DM back :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wanted to see if there’s any ETA on a fix here

Hi @jackiecorley & @artur - I’ve been trying to get rid of these quotation marks and figured out today that it’s the comma symbol causing the issue for me in some cases. Try removing the comma in the formula and see if that works?

@jackiecorley one clarification, what’s the field type in airtable ?

It’s a lookup from a synced base.

Following up to see if there are any plans for a fix or a workaround

@artur Jumping in here as well – I’ve noticed this happening when I choose the Rich Text field and have copy (e.g. a description) formatted. Testing line by line to see if I can pinpoint the culprit(s). So far looks like bullet points don’t help. Or it might be line breaks.

Hi, did @jackiecorley or @phelocin ever find a solution? I’m struggling with a lookup field that’s showing the quotation marks only in the Softr side and trying to wrap a formula around it but struggling. It’s a rich text field in a list details block (and I can’t change the field type due to the layout). Thanks!

Take a look at Viktoria’s reply in another thread here