List / Table view - Grouping records

Hi

Very new to Softr, so please bare with me.

I have a schedule in Airtable, which I would like to display in Softr (amongst other things from my base).

It is very important that I can group records by date - as per this shared Airtable view :

I don’t think this is possible in Softr - is that correct? It’s a deal breaker for me so I am hoping it is possible!

Thanks,
Andrew

1 Like

Hi,
You can share your airtable’s view ( [Embed this view on your site] ) and add the code as a custom code in softr

Hello,

Currently the only option is Sort by Date, but I am note sure if this will work for you. Perhaps you can check it.

Thanks!

Hi

Thanks for your replies. Afraid that doesn’t really work.

I have lots of entries in Airtable like the below

18th March / 8am / do something
18th March / 8.30am / do something else
18th March / 10am / do the next thing
19th March / 8am / start over again
Etc etc

Just having a long list of entries does not make it very legible or clear - which is really important for me.

Ideally I’d have

18th March
8am / do something
8.30am / do something else
10am / do the next thing

19th March
8am / start over again
Etc etc

Really hope this is possible in Softr as it does everything else I need.

Thanks again
Andrew

Oh that’s interesting and May work.

Would I have control over fonts / borders etc and be able to keep the grouping

Thanks
Andrew

Hello all

Still struggling with this - the attached example is the best I can get - but it is rubbish!

Any other ideas?

To create this, I created a different view for each of my groups in Airtable, then duplicated the table in Softr and selected the relevant view.

Of course this is clunky (to say the least) - but also -

Does not allow filters or sort to work across all the tables
I can’t see a way of adding the date to the top of each table. (the left hand most column is redundant)Screenshot 2022-04-30 at 10.43.42 pm

Any other ideas would be most welcome!

Andrew

1 Like

Hey @daviesap,

If you could add a photoshop pic where you would show where exactly you want to see the I would try to help or at least add it as a feature request.

Thanks!

One solution is to add a Date filter.

This is added as a feature request @MFAB :slight_smile:

Hi Suzie - are you the person I was chatting with today via the website?

Hi @daviesap, Yes :slight_smile:

Hi Suzie

Do you happen to know if there is an update on this?

Hey @daviesap,

Still no updates on this. This is added to Features list but not sure when it will be prioritised and released.

Just wondering if this was possible now?

I would agree that there is almost nothing you can do on your side to mimic airtable grouping into softr tables.

However grouping by field will take softr tables to the next level. I just hope the guys take your request into serious consideration.

3 Likes

Agreed!

I second that. Not having the ability to group a table makes it difficult to view larger sets of data. Hope this feature is coming soon.

I’d love to see an update to the table block to include “group by”.

I have a request currently to group a table of line items by proposal number and I don’t have a way to deliver that functionality.

Hi Suzie,

This is an area I’m struggling with as well… so if I may answer your question for an example - this is what would be truly helpful for me: a table view in which I can present options (rows when collapsed) which can be opened individually (or be default opened) to show specifications of each option.

(note that the current workaround I use is a list block to show the options - which opens a modal to show details, but that is kind of a compromise to the user experience).

Hey @thijs,

I will add your request surely, but if you need is sooner I would advise embedding a 3rd party table with the mentioned functionality.

Thanks for the screenshot, it shows perfectly what you need :slight_smile: