List / Table view - Grouping records

Hi There-- any update on this as I need this function.

I have a workaround for one specific use case when using tables, maybe it can work for you:

Hi,

Perhaps a simpler alternative than I asked perviously (on 30 Sep) →

Can Softr work on a grouping functionality for table views (and list views) like this?
And mean while, is there a custom code available to make this happen?

• 1st screen shot: current view
  • 2nd screen shot: a “photoshopped” version of what I’m looking for

Just to add some additional context to this thread for our R&D friends at Softr, one of the things I’m running into internally is the hesitation of folks moving from a dedicated project management platform like Monday.com/Asana to our Softr app because the tables aren’t interactive and there is no grouping option.

The ease of updating a project’s details by simply clicking on a cell and interacting with that cell live versus needing to click on a dedicated action button per line, which opens a new window/modal seems trivial but it’s proving to not be as efficient and user friendly in our day-to-day operations.

Then additionally, the option to group by a particular field would allow us to use a single table block vs. using multiple table blocks with conditional filters to try and hack it to work.

Lastly, bulk actions are common with these other platforms when dealing with tables or grid views. For example, check a checkbox on multiple rows and then click a single action button at the top of the table. An example of this is in a support ticket queue, you can check off multiple rows and then click “Resolve” at the top.

I did see on the public roadmap there is a “Table Redesign” slated for “Next” so hopefully these things are all being taken into consideration.

2 Likes