Dynamic Form Fields

Dear @Insurly,

We are still working on it, we will post once the option is ready :slight_smile:

Hi @Suzie , forgive me for asking, but any update on the new forms feature, or an ETA? A critical part of my softr site is awaiting this :wink:

1 Like

Hey @datom,

Currently we are working on a big update for all of the blocks. Once it is released we will start implementing the new (promised) features. The release will be perhaps in 4-6 weeks.

I know that you are waiting for this update, we try hard to push everything as planned, but sometimes it takes a bit longer.

Thanks,

2 Likes

Hi Suzie. Will we be able to update existing records with the new forms?

Dear @Ben,

We have not included this feature in our plans, however I will add it :slight_smile:

Thanks Suzie. I was hopeful that this was planned for Forms 2.0 (the most anticipated feature request on Softr’s roadmap :wink: :wink:) Updating or editing existing records with forms would solve so many use cases:

As an example, since forms already pass useful hidden info, a button linked to a form on a modal pop-up that edits records could have powerful implications for ‘no-code’ web apps :exploding_head:.

1 Like

This is a disappointing limitation on the upcoming forms which limits their utility. I was hoping to cut out the middleman, and use Softr to both (1) select records from Airtable, and (2) then edit those records.

It sounds like I will still have to click on a link to Jotform for the actual editing of fields.

Carl.

1 Like

Hey :slight_smile:

Let’s see what @artur thinks about this feature.

Hey guys, is there a way to use an airtable’s current data at the dropdown single/multi-select field in custom forms?

I want my clients to be able to choose what assets will be linked to their new tasks.

I am getting unpredictable results when selecting “Sync from Data Source” with a dropdown. If I use a linked field I sometimes get all fields which is 250+ in some cases and other times it’s only 99 which suggests the AT results limit has kicked in. I tried to work around this by creating a dropdown list with all linked fields on it which I did a sync with but when I changed the mapping to the linked field it defaults to “Sync form Data Source” so my fields taken from the dropdown are overwritten by the problematic linked field.

Is there any criterion method to get ALL linked fields in? Although I am getting inconsistency when creating these form options the results correct or not are consistent so this must be config.

Any suggestions?

1 Like

Was looking for the answer on here as well.

Just want to +1 that I am too hoping for this. The current edit functionalities in Softr will otherwise not allow for certain use-cases/ work-flows I’m hoping to achieve when Forms 2.0 is released.

In my case:

• Airtable record with key value = user-email
  • Form with conditional logic = updating user record belonging to that key value.
2 Likes

Hey @Acefast,

I am sorry I see your comment now, do you still face this issue?

Hi Suzie,

In Feb '22 you said this ‘multiple choice’ feature would be developed later that year, so I’d expect by May '23 it would be available… but unfortunately I cannot find it. Can you please help me out finding this option in Softr? (is it available under a different name perhaps?)

Please note that Softr seems very suitable for my use case, but this ‘multiple choice’ functionality is one of the core concepts of my new found business. My new business is essentially letting clients configure their preferences (for building a new house) based of a “menucard” (filling these multiple choices will probably take multiple iterations/days to complete).

Thanks you for your response!
Thijs

Here we are August 2023 and still not done. Evaluating buying a Softr business plan, but very uninspired Conditional Forms has been outstanding for more than 2 years!?

I can’t believe Softr still doesn’t have this feature. I thought it would be tablesteaks.

Definitely not going to keep paying Softr, and I should ask them to pay me for all the time I lost building out an app only to find out it is not an app builder but just a website builder.

Run away!

I second the sentiment on this thread. I find it crazy how you guys haven’t built dynamic form fields yet. We’ve been waiting for ages (Since '21) in the hope that you guys would would implement this as per your previous comments. Would appreciate a reply from the team on this one but will likely start to move away from the platform.

Hey @MattTreece,

Yes, the feature is still in the development process. It has been postponed because our team has been diligently working on releasing a few big releases during this year.

We are committed to delivering features based on our users’ feedback but we should also follow our priority rules.

We value our users’ input greatly, thanks for your feedback and if everything goes as planned the option should be out by the end of this year.

Thanks,

Hello everyone,

since there are currently no dynamic forms available, I’ve just come up with a potential workaround:

1. Create a dynamic form using Jotform (open it in a new tab or embed it as an iframe).
  2. Connect Jotform to Airtable through a bidirectional synchronization with Unito (https://unito.io/) - I just discovered this website.
  3. Instead of using the Edit Record button, open a specific URL from Airtable that corresponds to the Jotform form. All the data from the record will be automatically loaded into the form and synchronized back with Airtable after saving.

Has anyone already tried this? It should theoretically work - what do you think?