Dropdown with list of options from Airtable

I am using a customizable form and I want to have a Dropdown field that has as options the items of another table on the Airtable. Is it any way to add dynamic options to a list?

Thank you in advance

2 Likes

agree this would be nice

1 Like

Is it any workarounds?

Hey @Ioannis_Roungeris,

Do you mean adding those options automatically?

@Suzie yes, like dynamic lists but inside of a form.
Or to add a dynamic list above and based on user’s selection to pass that information into the form (both in the same page)

Dear @Ioannis_Roungeris,

We are going to release a functionality with the new release for forms which will allow pulling up the data for Dropdown field from Airtable automatically.

This will be supported for Airtable Single/Multi select and Linked Fields.

So I assume once the release is done you can simply build you want want.

2 Likes

Great! Do you know the timeline for this to be available?

1 Like

Interested in knowing timeline as well!

@Geisha and @erikm3103 this has been released for form blocks.

2 Likes

Hi Artur @artur , but it remains a problem.
I used link field type, linked to a grid with limited selection (see attachments: the selection filters on the STATUS field). But the drop-down menu on SOFTR shows me ALL the values, ignoring the limitation set on the Airtable field :frowning_face:

@artur Any chance I can use this functionality on the user profile block?

Hello @joao,

The feature is in our todos, we plan to have it both for the User Profile and Signup forms :slight_smile:

Cannot mention any estimation though on when the functionality will be available.

Hi,
Any news about this? Dropdown with list of options from Airtable - #10 by Lucap6
@Suzie

This is a “vital” feature. Until the moment it does not work my application shows incorrect data.

1 Like

Here to say the same. I can’t find a work around for this but need the feature ASAP.

1 Like

Looking forward for a way of limiting options to a specific Airtable View as well.

1 Like

This has been added as a feature request, I will make sure to keep you posted once we have any update on this.

1 Like

I ended up using a fillout form to get this functionality. Their free plan works for me!