Dropdown with list of options from Airtable

Hey @Ioannis_Roungeris,

Do you mean adding those options automatically?

@Suzie yes, like dynamic lists but inside of a form.
Or to add a dynamic list above and based on user’s selection to pass that information into the form (both in the same page)

Dear @Ioannis_Roungeris,

We are going to release a functionality with the new release for forms which will allow pulling up the data for Dropdown field from Airtable automatically.

This will be supported for Airtable Single/Multi select and Linked Fields.

So I assume once the release is done you can simply build you want want.

2 Likes

Great! Do you know the timeline for this to be available?

1 Like

Interested in knowing timeline as well!

@Geisha and @erikm3103 this has been released for form blocks.

2 Likes

Hi Artur @artur , but it remains a problem.
I used link field type, linked to a grid with limited selection (see attachments: the selection filters on the STATUS field). But the drop-down menu on SOFTR shows me ALL the values, ignoring the limitation set on the Airtable field :frowning_face:

@artur Any chance I can use this functionality on the user profile block?

Hello @joao,

The feature is in our todos, we plan to have it both for the User Profile and Signup forms :slight_smile:

Cannot mention any estimation though on when the functionality will be available.

Hi,
Any news about this? Dropdown with list of options from Airtable - #10 by Lucap6
@Suzie

This is a “vital” feature. Until the moment it does not work my application shows incorrect data.

1 Like

Here to say the same. I can’t find a work around for this but need the feature ASAP.

1 Like

Looking forward for a way of limiting options to a specific Airtable View as well.

1 Like

This has been added as a feature request, I will make sure to keep you posted once we have any update on this.

1 Like

I ended up using a fillout form to get this functionality. Their free plan works for me!

Just wanted to say I’m super stoked about the upcoming ability to filter user-specific options in the SOFTR dropdowns. It’s gonna make things much easier and personalized! Can’t wait!

I’m really hurting without this feature.

My app has a database of songs, allows users to add them to their library, and then to create a listening session where they can log which songs they listened to.

When using the Add Record button on a list block, a drop down field’s list shows every users collected songs across all libraries instead of only the logged in user’s library of songs, completely breaking the ability to add a listening session feature.

Using a work around method I could allow users to go to a song detail page and select a listening session to add the song to, but this is a terrible user experience and there would be no way to allow the user to remove songs from their listening session without also exposing every user’s library of songs.

I’m really, really suck here without the ability to filter drop down fields on the Add Records button to linked records belonging to the logged in user.

Not sure how to proceed and launch my app without this…

Hello everyone,

While waiting for the feature release (no clear timeline), have someone managed to find a workaround to filter user-specific options in the SOFTR dropdowns?

1 Like