Conditional Form Fields

Airtable just added dynamic filtering in linked record fields, this might help a lot of us here!

Thanx, where can we read more about this feature?

My bad, should have posted this along with it.
https://support.airtable.com/docs/dynamic-filtering-in-linked-record-fields

This is excellent news!

It looks like airtable was waiting for softr to launch ‘global data restriction’ to enable this feature.

Still, that option is not shown in my linked records field in airtable. Do you see it already?

@acjnas I don’t see it in mine yet either. @Xaver did you have to do anything to enable the feature?

@acjnas @nocodeking Funnily enough it works in only one of my Airtable bases, I can’t figure out why. I didn’t do anything to make it work on that one base, the option just appeared with a popup window to “learn more” which led me to the link I sent. I’ve contacted Airtable support, I’ll let you know what they say. I’m guessing it will work soon, hopefully.

I wonder if they’re doing a staggered release, I’ve seen other platforms release new features like that.

I’d love to know what they say though!

Thanx for the update. I keep checking my linked fields very closely expecting to have the option enabled.

Very interesting indeed. Not showing up on my bases yet either.
The most interesting part though is how its being handled by the API, if a conditional filter filters the option in the API as well and therefore in Softr. SmartSuites implementation for example only filters the option in their own GUI, not in the API.

It just showed up for me!

1 Like

It started showing in some of my bases.

Awesome, seems like they are just rolling it out slowly or it takes some time to update. I’ll still let you know what they say, they had me send them a screen recording to further troubleshoot the issue.

Got access to it in one of my bases as well now. The behavior in the API is the same as in SmartSuite, so no filter is applied to the API.

So great feature to finally arrive in Airtable, but it doesn´t help us filtering options in Softr.

That’s very unfortunate indeed.

Sigh…

Hopefully Softr’s Forms 2.0 will fill this gap once it’s released.

1 Like

@Suzie @artur We’ve seen several updates regarding this feature, which was opened in 2021 (!), suggesting it was close to completion, with the most recent one planned for Feb 2024. I understand that releasing new features comes with challenges and planning, but please also understand that we need some clarity/honesty. If priorities have shifted and the feature is no longer planned, it would be helpful if you inform us about it so we can adjust out expectations accordingly.

1 Like

@Marielle and others, pls DM us on the support chat to start testing the feature. We have it in closed beta.

1 Like

Just posting here to say I’m a brand new Softr user looking to create an internal tool, and the lack of conditional logic in Softr forms is an immediate barrier that prevents me from proceeding.

I’m glad the feature is almost ready and I can understand development takes time. Excited to see the feature get released soon!

@mb12142329 DM us in live chat to get access to the private beta.

Would love to get access to this. WE are blocked by this as we speak.