One-click favorites without code

Hi all - I saw a post in the Community the other day about simplifying the ability to save/add favorites with Softr now that we have the new one-click update action buttons. Here’s an approach I took, curious to hear how others are handling it.

3 Likes

Hey! I am a fan of your content. Glad to see you using and teaching softr.

Hey @automationhelpers, thank you for sharing this video tutorial with the community :heart:

2 Likes

What would be your suggestion if you did have thousands of users favouriting things at the same time?

More importantly, would you need to set up a different page for the list details of the favourited items?

In your example, you used some lookups to populate the item cards (image, etc). If a user then wanted to click that item to get more details, they would need to be directed to a separate page to the one you usually use for the regular clothes, right?

This is also a great example of a basic junction table for those who may need to understand how/why we can make a third table to get the result we need. This can chew through a ton of records, though, if that is a concern.

Hey this is awesome thanks for sharing! I’m wondering if there is a hack when doing this on a table list block to change the table heading for the “Favourites column” from “actions” to something else? Can this be done with custom code?

Hi, thanks for your kind explain.
I’ve tried several times but in Automation of airtable, it keeps going errors again and again. And I don’t know why. I don’t know what is my problem.