Hiding a Table Block If No Results Found

I know the code below works to hide a list details block that returns no data, but is it possible to leverage this code to hide a table block?

<script>
window.addEventListener('get-record-list1', (e) => {
if (!e.detail.id) {
document.getElementById('list1').classList.add('d-none');
}
});
</script>

Hi, in order to have the same results for a table block, this one should work

<script>
  const onRecords = (e) => {
    const table1 = document.getElementById('table1');
    if (e.detail && e.detail.length > 0) {
      table1.style.display = 'block';
    } else {
      table1.style.display = 'none';
    }
  };

window.addEventListener('get-records-table1', onRecords);
</script>

Careful, it will also hide the block when choosing an inline filter or typing something in the search bar that gives 0 result

2 Likes

Much appreciated!!! :clap:

@Suzie Can this be added to to the table-block natively the way it is for other list blocks where it gives you options to hide or display message if no results? Thanks!

1 Like

Hey @flavi,

Just checked it, I’ll add this to our ToDos, will keep you posted once the update is released :slight_smile:

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

This has recently stopped working for me and i’m trying to figure out what’s preventing these tables from being hidden.

Do you see anything obvious in this configuration?

Hi,

Nothing that I can see, nope,
Anyway, the possibility to hide a table block when no record should come soon to align with the list blocks.

2 Likes

Hello!

Thank you for this script; it works perfectly well when the table name is table1, but when the name is different, it doesn’t work anymore (I have several tables on the same page)

I tried to adapt the script for a table called table5:

<script> const onRecords = (e) => { const table5 = document.getElementById('table5'); if (e.detail && e.detail.length > 0) { table5.style.display = 'block'; } else { table5.style.display = 'none'; } }; window.addEventListener('get-records-table5', onRecords); </script>

Do you have any clue why it doesn’t work in that case?

Many thanks,

Mailys

Thanks, Matthieu! Unfortunately, I can’t seem to get this to work either, to hide any tables with no results. Hoping there will be a native hide table option soon, or a code workaround until there is.

Hey all, just wanted to let you know that we have an open task on this, I will keep you all posted once the option is supported natively.

I think it will be available soon :slight_smile: