Form to edit Airtable fields?

Is there a simple and user-friendly form which will allow editing of predetermined Airtable fields? I’m thinking something like the User Profile form, but to edit the details for any record in Airtable which is selected from a list, not for the logged-in user.

I realize that in the list view there is a pen to edit a particular record’s details, but the problem is that edit popup is a random mess of every field the logged-in user has access to, not a curated and formattable list based upon specific topics (e.g. one page to edit contact information, another to edit our internal details/staff assigned, etc).

Thanks, Carl.

Hi Carl,
Updating a record with a Softr form is impossible for now. This will be enabled with the release of Softr forms 2.0.

Meanwhile, here is a documentation of Airtable to know how to update a record with a form.

This should be possible to adapt it with the current softr forms.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip - that’s an awful lot of complicated steps for a “no-code” app. And it’s also not really our work flow- we want a (logged in) staffer to use Softr to pick any Airtable record to edit when something changes, not have a one-time approval process.

I’m guessing you’ve been asked this, but what’s the ETA on Forms 2.0?

Yes, this is overly complicated, I totally agree.

Note that I am not part of the Softr team, even if I would love, but in the last news: end of december / very beginning of january. To be confirmed (and there is always a 2-3 weeks possible time variation)

Thanks, Matthieu. I just did a community forums search for Forms 2.0, and it sounds like since June the completion date has perpetually been “about six weeks away”. Fingers crossed we see it in 2022.

Carl.

1 Like

Yes I know, I’m waiting for it a lot too :joy:, fingers crossed!

1 Like

Hi Carl. I strongly agree with your no-code sentiments. This could be so useful in many different use cases, since you can pass a lot of useful hidden info with Softr’s forms. Not to be contrary, however, I just heard differently over hear:

Hi guys,

I’ve got the same problem.

Right now I am just able to offer to OVERWRITE created records. I am not able to offer EDITING records.

How do I do:

Right now – next to make and airtable – I am using the sales form with labels for creating and updating a record.
(I am using the same form, but I’ve got two different pages – one for creating, one for updating.)

With creating a record I send an email to the member with the record-ID of that record.
So the member has to insert this record-ID into the field Korrekturschlüssel in the page for updating a record to give make the idea which record in airtable should be updated in the next step …

Bildschirmfoto 2022-12-16 um 12.07.16

But, imagine …
If a member for example writes a lot of words in an about-me-field and finally recognises, that he forgot a word or a letter in his text, he has to copy + paste the text in that field and then he has to find the place where something is missing.
I have to explain this workaround of overwriting and I guess that this seems to be a bit too complicated for the members because often their user experience with editing on other platforms is different/less complicated.

Hey folks considered adding a list details block with edit ? Also soon details block will enable block level field selection e.g. what can be edited… (you are right now fields are user group level, one can workaround by having multiple user groups etc… but it’s to complicated)

I think our newer version of edit with action buttons will solve this issue as each block will own which fields are editable…

Hi Artur. Sounds like a useful feature. Can/will we see this in the docs, guide, or a video for clarity?

this would solve like 90%of all my softr woes!

Coming next week :slight_smile:

I was on the highest tier of softr’s plan before the pricing was updated. I tried reading thru the post Q&A to get answers myself but I’m still uncertain… will my subscription have this new feature? Or am I going to have to get ready to fight for us to upgrade? (I had spent months getting an OK for the old plan… exec is going to hate me if I immediately increase the $$ I’m asking for haha)

@danyalamriben ping us over support chat to clarify the pricing related topics