Dynamic Form Fields

Hi Suzie any updates on this feature, do you expect a release this QTR?

1 Like

Dear @Insurly,

We are still working on it, we will post once the option is ready :slight_smile:

Hi @Suzie , forgive me for asking, but any update on the new forms feature, or an ETA? A critical part of my softr site is awaiting this :wink:

1 Like

Hey @datom,

Currently we are working on a big update for all of the blocks. Once it is released we will start implementing the new (promised) features. The release will be perhaps in 4-6 weeks.

I know that you are waiting for this update, we try hard to push everything as planned, but sometimes it takes a bit longer.

Thanks,

2 Likes

Hi Suzie. Will we be able to update existing records with the new forms?

Dear @Ben,

We have not included this feature in our plans, however I will add it :slight_smile:

Thanks Suzie. I was hopeful that this was planned for Forms 2.0 (the most anticipated feature request on Softrā€™s roadmap :wink: :wink:) Updating or editing existing records with forms would solve so many use cases:

As an example, since forms already pass useful hidden info, a button linked to a form on a modal pop-up that edits records could have powerful implications for ā€˜no-codeā€™ web apps :exploding_head:.

1 Like

This is a disappointing limitation on the upcoming forms which limits their utility. I was hoping to cut out the middleman, and use Softr to both (1) select records from Airtable, and (2) then edit those records.

It sounds like I will still have to click on a link to Jotform for the actual editing of fields.

Carl.

1 Like

Hey :slight_smile:

Letā€™s see what @artur thinks about this feature.

Hey guys, is there a way to use an airtableā€™s current data at the dropdown single/multi-select field in custom forms?

I want my clients to be able to choose what assets will be linked to their new tasks.

I am getting unpredictable results when selecting ā€œSync from Data Sourceā€ with a dropdown. If I use a linked field I sometimes get all fields which is 250+ in some cases and other times itā€™s only 99 which suggests the AT results limit has kicked in. I tried to work around this by creating a dropdown list with all linked fields on it which I did a sync with but when I changed the mapping to the linked field it defaults to ā€œSync form Data Sourceā€ so my fields taken from the dropdown are overwritten by the problematic linked field.

Is there any criterion method to get ALL linked fields in? Although I am getting inconsistency when creating these form options the results correct or not are consistent so this must be config.

Any suggestions?

1 Like

Was looking for the answer on here as well.

Just want to +1 that I am too hoping for this. The current edit functionalities in Softr will otherwise not allow for certain use-cases/ work-flows Iā€™m hoping to achieve when Forms 2.0 is released.

In my case:

• Airtable record with key value = user-email
  • Form with conditional logic = updating user record belonging to that key value.
2 Likes

Hey @Acefast,

I am sorry I see your comment now, do you still face this issue?

Hi Suzie,

In Feb '22 you said this ā€˜multiple choiceā€™ feature would be developed later that year, so Iā€™d expect by May '23 it would be availableā€¦ but unfortunately I cannot find it. Can you please help me out finding this option in Softr? (is it available under a different name perhaps?)

Please note that Softr seems very suitable for my use case, but this ā€˜multiple choiceā€™ functionality is one of the core concepts of my new found business. My new business is essentially letting clients configure their preferences (for building a new house) based of a ā€œmenucardā€ (filling these multiple choices will probably take multiple iterations/days to complete).

Thanks you for your response!
Thijs

Here we are August 2023 and still not done. Evaluating buying a Softr business plan, but very uninspired Conditional Forms has been outstanding for more than 2 years!?

I canā€™t believe Softr still doesnā€™t have this feature. I thought it would be tablesteaks.

Definitely not going to keep paying Softr, and I should ask them to pay me for all the time I lost building out an app only to find out it is not an app builder but just a website builder.

Run away!

I second the sentiment on this thread. I find it crazy how you guys havenā€™t built dynamic form fields yet. Weā€™ve been waiting for ages (Since '21) in the hope that you guys would would implement this as per your previous comments. Would appreciate a reply from the team on this one but will likely start to move away from the platform.

Hey @MattTreece,

Yes, the feature is still in the development process. It has been postponed because our team has been diligently working on releasing a few big releases during this year.

We are committed to delivering features based on our usersā€™ feedback but we should also follow our priority rules.

We value our usersā€™ input greatly, thanks for your feedback and if everything goes as planned the option should be out by the end of this year.

Thanks,