Extra grey space on short pages created all of a sudden

Hey guys,
I posted this as an ask first and I am realizing this is probably a bug because it appeared out of nowhere.

When pages do not have a certain minimum length, to place the footer, the page adds a very ugly grey space to the page, which makes it look like something is broken to the user.

I could now add additional space on all pages, but that is such a hustle and does not always look good.

It seems multiple users have this issue.
This must be a bug? :slight_smile:

Hello @Tim_ClimatEU, that’s not a bug but it was developed as there were many requests to stick the footer to the bottom of the page if the application is shorter then the viewport. According to the logic we are adding a space that should take the color of the block above. If you don’t want that space to be added to your application you can use the custom CSS:

<style>
#BLOCKID .extra-div {
     display: none
}
</style>

or if you just want to change the background color:

<style>
#BLOCKID .extra-div {
         background-color: YOUR_COLOR;
}
</style>
1 Like

Aah thank you!! I have an image as a background on many of these pages, so then color looks really off. I’ll just add a one-colored background for now :slight_smile: Thank you!!

It would be really great to stay updated on changes like that when they’re made; now I had to hear about it from users. Is there any place where you announce small updates like this one so that we can check how it will affect out apps? :slight_smile:

Thank you!!

Actually we are sending newsletters to inform our users about updates but I’m not sure if this one was included, as it’s a small improvement and we are making such kind of small improvements really frequently. But thanks for the feedback, I will make sure to let our PMs know to reconsider updates.

1 Like

I totally get that not everything is sent around in the newsletter. It would be great if there was a page that details all the little changes so that we can make sure we know if one of our pages might be affected by a small change :slight_smile:

1 Like