Approve sign ups to portal

Hi everyone,

I’m new here and loving Softr, my decision to choose Softr was highly related to the action buttons which are on the roadmap. Excited to build along you all.

I’m developing a freelance management platform and I would ideally like to have freelancers come to our site, sign up, fill out information and then await to get access or be added as a user until we approve it

Does anyone know if this is possible to create today? The reason I need this is that we’ll get over 50 users signing up everday, and we’ll need to be able to limit the amount of users who just signs up.

2 Likes

Hey @erikm3103

You can achieve this with permission groups.

When you are making a page with content only for manually confirmed users, limit the visibility not only to logged-in users, but also add a user group restriction for… let’s say a group of users that you named ‘aproved’.

Also on your users panel in softr studio, redirect new signups to whatever entry page you like.

@acjnas Thanks for helping.

That makes sense, however, could you clarify how I would build a approve/decline process from this?

a) a signup is approved and I would like to add the user to the platform

b) a user is rejected and I dont want the user to get access to the platform.

I assume that you have a users table in your database.
One of the field should be ‘status’ aproved/unaproved

Based on the status you will setup your permissions group

Then you can manually enter your database or setup a front end edit record page, and manually approve every new user by changing its status.

Hi thanks @acjnas

I think the issue with this is that every new user still gets counted towards the limit in the subscription plan I have. I want to be able to approve/rejected them right after they sign up, but before they actually get a user.

What you ask for is doable, but it will require the integration of make.

1. Add a form, mirroring the same fields that you have for user registration
  2. Map this form to a new table in your airtable database for example ‘Pending’
  3. Review the registrations and update the status for new members
  4. Fire an automation that triggers MAKE, when Pending users change status, and then registers the approved members via softr API.

I hope this solves your issue.

1 Like

Hi @acjnas ,

Great suggestion. This turned out to work very well. I am having two issues with the softr API.

1. I would like to send the user an email with their log in email and password (or magic link if password is not possible). How would I do that? When I create a user with the softr API through MAKE now, it creates the user, but nothing more.

2. I would like the system to generate a unique password for the user, any thoughts on how I can do that? Thanks. When you create a user in softr today, it generates a temporary password.

Any help is much apprecated!

Hi amazing softr team, with no ability to verify/validate email before they signup (and are counted as a softr user against our montly paid limit), is there a way we could please approve signups before they become a softr external user? competitors, spammers, etc could easily create hundreds of signups and we, the paying softr subscribers would have to manually delete them all vs. approving signups before theyre a website member/softr user. thanks!

1 Like

Hi,
This could help you, to be adapted to your use case: Internal apps and client portals: how to automate the user creation with Make.com

1 Like

@erikm3103 @conf can you pls elaborate what’s the challenge ? Wouldn’t simply having approved (yes/no) column and connected user group work ?

Users can signup they will be logged in users and you can have approved users group and non approved users group. Then you can make blocks visible to approved users group and show other blocks to non approved users group

@artur Hi,
I came up with a solution which worked for me.

But, however, I think the challenge here is that if we are to implement this Yes/No solution, it still counts towards the total number of users in pricing plan.

From my persepctive, we have lets say 5000 monthly applicants in our current platform. I would like to only approve 10-20 of them a month.

If I where to allow all 5000 use the signup form, my current pricing plan would have reached max capacity after 2 months.

I hope that was clearer.

@erikm3103 got it. Question what do you do with the rest if they are not approved ?

They are sent an email saying that we did not accept them to the platform this time around.

Hi Erik. What do you think about this as a solution?