Action buttons are here šŸ•¹

Just posted in another thread, but since this is so active: Would love if the Create/Add button pre-filled with the linked record so the user did not have to search or remember the record name. This also is good to make sure people do not add records to linked fields that should not have access to.

Let me know if that makes sense. Thank you!

If I create a multi-select field on an ā€œupdate recordā€ action, I have two options:

First Option:
I turn on ā€œSynch options with data sourceā€

There are three problems I have encountered:
:one: The records are always sorted A-Z and all options are included.
:two: I mapped the update record field to a single-select field in Airtable with lots of options (the year the company was established). It didnā€™t update the value in Airtable and gave users an error notification, so I had to remove it for now.
:three: I chose a single-select on a ā€œLink to another recordā€ field in Airtable with lots of options. It portrays the 94 options that one can scroll through but options 95-110 are only shown if you type in a keyword that matches them - doesnā€™t work for my use case and I had to take it down for now.

Option Two:
2) You donā€™t turn on ā€œSynch with data sourceā€

Problems here:
:one: When I want to update the record all multi-select fields that are matched to a ā€œLink to another tableā€ field are not shown anymore ā†’ I need to re-enter them every time. This is what I mean with ā€œthey disappearā€.
:two: Options I have excluded still show up or the options are sorted A-Z again automatically.

1 Like

I actually love this, makes it look very sleek in my scenarios because I have a lot of URLs to link to. If I had to always add all these buttons it would look horrific haha

itā€™s actually growing on me tooā€¦
But I wouldnā€™t mind the option to choose a different layout.

@artur @Suzie When will we be able to edit the width of the column where the Action button is? This looks funky with it cutting off the grid

2 Likes

Hi @Suzie and @artur - just following up on my question about the action button cutting off the grid. When will this be addressed? Thanks!

1 Like

Nice.
However, I seem to be missing a ā€˜durationā€™ field to map to the duration field in Airtable.
Is this planned?

Thanks,
David

Form block has an address input type that can map to an address field and autocomplete works. However, for action buttons, there is no address input type so autocomplete doesnā€™t work. Hoping this can be added to avoid having an additional form block on the same page.

following for updates on this as well, it is quite awkward looking especially because Iā€™ve been using emojiā€™s for many buttons so the amount of whitespace in grids its painfully excessive haha

1 Like

Hello @artur , but would it be impossible to have the ability to also create records if they are not on the list?

@dvarela can you please elaborate pelase?

When updating linked record fields with Action Buttons, we get a drop-down list of the existing records to link to, but no option to create a new record to which to link to. Sort of like a form inside a form. Airtable allows for this

Hi, is there any update for the styling of the buttons like were mentioned on March 20?

The way buttons display is not very useful for me. Apart from the 1st button there is very little space displaying the text and they buttons get cut, without any tooltip infoā€¦

I want to address a problem I encountered with action on a list view. Specifically, when there are multiple buttons, the display gets cut off too quickly, making it difficult to interact with. I believe this implementation could be improved.

I gave this issue to the team, Itā€™s here since months and itā€™s a huge problem as we donā€™t have any choice to have more than one or two buttons, depending on the blockā€¦

Dear Softr,

Can you please be specific as to whether or not this will be fixed and with what priority?
As of right now I am developing a website where I anticipate on this issue being resolved (within a couple of months maximum), as this is a hindrance to an user-friendly layout (as my website requires multiple buttons for effective interaction by the user).
However, comments as these above (ā€œā€¦gave issue to teamā€¦ā€ and ā€œits a huge problemā€) donā€™t give any clarity on what to expect and when.

Thank you and best regards,
Thijs

Note that Iā€™m not a member of the Soft team. Iā€™m a client, user and expert.

That being said, I re-add what I said above: I donā€™t understand how such a bug/limitation (what @david007 wrote) can be still here, after 6 months.

Hi all, FYI the fix for the menu width is coming soon.

Ah thank you for clarifying this Matthieu, and my apologies, you really seem like one of the Softr-team!