Action button - Edit Record

Hi there,

I have a list details page which uses this action button in multiple list details blocks. Previously (yesterday) it would open a modal in the center of my page with the “form” to edit the record. Now it opens the form within the div which contains the action button

For context, I have multiple list details blocks within the page - these have been placed just to contain the action button (as a workaround for having multiple action buttons on the page - see this thread

Does anyone know if there have been any changes to the action button edit record? Is this the new expected behaviour?

Attaching some screenshots of the current behaviour and my blocks in softr studio:

Screenshot 2023-10-05 at 8.55.08 pm

Screenshot 2023-10-05 at 8.55.13 pm

Thanks!

this happened to me when I had custom code on the page resizing blocks or trying to implement custom code that squeezed blocks into multiple columns or using the code that allowed buttons to toggle block visibility

Thanks for replying!

Ah okay, I can confirm i’m using custom code to set up two columns in my page. Essentially following the custom code from this thread

So sounds like it could be an issue with the custom code - what was your workaround @danyalamriben?

I’m also curious about why it was working previously as i have not changed my custom code

honestly I do not really know how i fixed it :sweat_smile: I feel like it was a combo of softr updating their blocks and maybe? has something to do with the sizing settings I have in here?

<style>
.container {

margin: 0 auto;

}

.row {
  display: flex;
  flex-wrap: wrap;
  margin: 0 -15px;
}

.column {
  padding: 0 15px;
}

.col-50 {
  width: 50%;
}

.col-15 {
  width: 20%;
}

.col-85 {
  width: 80%;
}

/* Clear floats after the columns */
.row:after {
  content: "";
  display: table;
  clear: both;
}

@media screen and (max-width: 600px) {
  .column {
    width: 100%;
  }
}

#employee {
  max-width: 100%;
  padding: 0 55px;
}

#todo {
}
#completed {
}
#progress {
}
#transcript {
}
#admin-transcript {
}
#cert-renewal {
}
#cert-current {
}

</style>

I’m the kind of no coder that just throws things at the code until something sticks :sweat_smile: when it seems impossible, i eventually give up and remove it lol. I’m sorry I can’t be more help! Custom is really tricky when you don’t have a lot of knowledge because even if it works on your computer it might not work for others, so you’re going to have to spend more time troubleshooting and arguing with GPT lol

I have some new bugs on pages without custom codes so I feel like it might just be some backend updates softr made to blocks (which, also is something to anticipate; random things will break especially if custom code is involved. They can’t account for every single custom solution we spin up!)