Updating multiple records in multiple tables invoked through a form button in Softr

Hello,

I have a scenario where I have a table block that has multiple line items from a table pertaining to the logged in user. Imagine something like a cart in an ecommerce site, this page is similar to my-cart page.

What I intend to do is, I need to update the status of all items in the cart, and also the status of the original item when I click a button. In order to achieve this, I added a customizable form below the table block, removed all the fields that come by default, removed padding so that all that remains is a Submit button.

The only way I see to do this is through Zapier or Make webhook. I started with a Zapier webhook as the trigger step, then added a Find Records from Airtable as the second. But I’m not sure how to pass on all records from my cart. The approach I took was to add a hidden field where I pass in the logged in user’s email so that I can add a search formula in my Zap. Not sure why, I don’t see the passed email in my zap. Kind of stuck there.

When i try to use Make, I get a “Access denied CSRF user-agent check failed while requesting /trace” the moment I click on Create a Scenario. Raised a ticket with Make on the same.

Has anyone tried to update multiple records through a single click in Softr? Thanks in advance.

Hi @prettycold, have you tried using an Airtable automations or even a formula column?

I’ve used a one-click action button before to change an Airtable value to “something”. And then created an Airtable automation to do several steps based on a trigger that’s watching that initial cell change.

So when Qty = 0 for an item in your cart, run an automation to remove item (Airtable recordID) from the current cart table, etc.

This post may help.

Hi @nocodeking ,

Thanks for the response. Yes, I did think of one click update, since it was in a table block, the update was at a record level and not for all records. Which is why I came to the common form button. I started with Airtable automation, instead of updating a column in a table I was thinking of webhooks route and then invoking a series of steps to update multiple records.

Was just wondering whether there is any other common way of updating multiple records in a Softr + Airtable combo.

Sharing the method I used, just in case it helps someone. I ended up using Make. Here are the steps I followed: Created a custom webhook, then do a search records, followed by adding a router, one route that has an iterator to iterate each record and then update the corresponding table for each record. Another route has an aggregator to update a single row in another table followed by sending emails.

1 Like

Would be great to tick multiple record and then use action button on softr

Do we have such an option? Action button will be for one record, is it not?