Trying to Add a Rich Text HTML Editor to App via Jotform

Hello all! I’m currently building a combination CMS/LMS in Softr, and there’s one issue I’m running into: adding a text editor to the app so that users are able to create their own content . I tried a couple of different methods (such as embedding an HTML editor like TinyMCE into a code block), but ran into issues with being able to pass logged-in Softr user information into the editor. Eventually, I landed on the following solution:

1. Adding an HTML Editor widget (Squire Editor) to Jotform
  2. Embedding the Jotform into my Softr app via custom code block
  3. Using this methodology to pass logged-in user data into the embedded Jotform
  4. Finally, using a Jotform automation to pass that information back into Airtable, so I can link the data to the logged-in user.

However, I haven’t been able to successfully execute step 3 (passing my user data to Jotform), and I’m wondering if anyone can spot my error. Here’s my code (currently in a custom code block in Softr):

<script>
let jotformUrl = 'https://form.jotform.com/jsform/220770379464058';
if(window['logged_in_user'] && window['logged_in_user']['airtable_record_id']) {
    jotformUrl = jotformUrl + '&record_id=' + window['logged_in_user']['airtable_record_id'];
}
document.write('<iframe src="' + jotformUrl + '" width="100%" height="500" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" title="My Application"></iframe>'); 
</script>

I’d then like to pass that record URL into Jotform, but I’m a little more unsure about the methodology. Here are my Jotform settings:
Screen Shot 2022-03-20 at 5.27.19 PM

I’ve updated the unique name of the hidden field I’d like to use to collect the URL, but I’m running into trouble, and I can’t find documentation that outlines exactly what I’m trying to do. Can anyone tell me where my error is?

(As an aside: another option I tried is to use this script to add the current user’s recordId into the URL, and then use the Jotform “Get Page Form’s URL” widget to collect the url, but I haven’t been able to get that script working, either. So if anyone thinks that method might be simpler, I’d love to get insight into what might be possible there).

You would need to change this line as below.

In Urls first paramater is passed after ? and the rest after & e.g. https://mydomain.com?attr_1=1&attr_2=2&attr_3=3

Hope this helps

Hi @artur ! Thanks for the prompt reply. Unfortunately, that doesn’t seem to be the issue. I updated my code using your feedback as follows, pasting it into a custom code block:

<script>
    let jotformUrl = 'https://form.jotform.com/220770379464058';

if(window['logged_in_user'] && window['logged_in_user']['airtable_record_id']) {
        jotformUrl = jotformUrl + '?record_id=' + window['logged_in_user']['airtable_record_id'];
    }

document.write('<iframe src="' + jotformUrl + '" width="100%" height="800" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" title="jotformUrl"></iframe>');
</script>

My form is showing up correctly, but it’s not passing my logged-in user info to the Jotform (here’s a link to the form on my page, if you’d like to test it out yourself).

As I mentioned above, I also created a hidden Jotform field, and gave it the unique name of “jotformUrl” (screenshot in the original post), because my assumption was that the script would look for a “jotformUrl” field to pass the user data into. At this point, I’m not sure whether 1) my script is still incorrect, or 2) if I’m misunderstanding what I need to do on Jotform to correctly pass “jotformUrl” (i.e. my logged-in user data) into the Jotform hidden field. Any help would be super appreciated!

@adalys the script looks good to me. It just passes record_id as a parameter hence you would need to configure a hidden field with a name of record_id to be able to pass it a long. Also feel free to ping us on the live support chat to get quick feedback and so we can also get test users from you and check it.