Table scolling - Freeze column/top row

Hi,

I’m working on a table block. Is it possible to freeze the left column or the top row? In case the records don’t fit in the screen you can automatically scroll the table but also the first row/column is out of the screen.

5 Likes

Hi there. Did you find a solution to this? Thanks!

This feature exists in the underlying table component but it’s not exposed to custom code. To make this work it would be necessary for Softr to make some small changes to the JavaScript on the page so that custom code could access the table component.

@artur we talked about this a while back, any chance you could take another look?

1 Like

bump on this as it would be really useful for larger tables!

Hey all,

I will make sure to discuss this and will keep you posted once there is an update.

1 Like

Upvoting this :slight_smile:

I’m upvoting this too, as important as sorting capability for the end-user and as multiple delete/update records at the same time (bulk deletion/bulk update)

:eyes:

Just wanted to follow up since I am very interested in any content that could improve softr tables

Following.

Following this - would be super helpful!

As far as I know, it is still true that the underlying grid is there and has this feature and it could be made accessible to JavaScript. However, this idea has been out there for a while with no response so I’m guessing there’s a good reason why we can’t have it.

+1 would love to see it added as a nocode option!

following

+1 for this request. super important need. Also agree with @matthieu_chateau’s suggestion for bulk delete and update actions!