Softr API limitations: Creating users and sending log in info

I am having one issue with the softr API.

I would like to send the user who gets signed up via softr API an email with their log in email and password (or magic link if password is not possible). How would I do that?

When I create a user with the Softr API through MAKE today, it creates the user, but nothing more. Quite limited it seems, or it might be my limitations.

alternatively, is it possible to custom code a password field in a custom form in softr?

Hi,
You don’t need any custom code:
Airtable automation = when a user is created (when a record is created) => send an email with credentials (with magic link)

You can do it inside make too by the way, adding your email provider in a last module

@matthieu_chateau Thanks. In terms of Airtable automation (and make too), how would I send their password which is generated by Softr and not stored in Airtable?

When you create a user in Softr Application they issue out a temporary password. But when using the Softr API, it’s no similar workflow.

Yes, can you show your Make scenario? (the overall scenario, not the details)

Here is how you could do it with the Softr module in Make (see screenshot and the little formula in the password input. Change 10000 to 100000 or 1000000 to have a 5 or 6 digits password)
Then you will be able to store this in Airtable, with a field “temporary password”.
Then in the AIrtable automation, as everything can be dynamic for the email body, you will create a message like " Hey you are signed up! Here are your credentials, your email: [email field] and your temporary password: [temporary password field]"

You are the best. Thanks so much for explaining this. I’ll test it out, should fit my use case.

1 Like

If it doesn’t work, just in case, please use the magic link option with a URL airtable field “magic link” and the same logic for airtable automations. In the email, you will add to your users that they need to setup a password by going to their profile page (where there is a profile block) and that they have to enter a password in the “new password” input (without having to enter anything in the “old password” input)