Reset inline filters

It would be really helpful to have a button that resets all of the inline filters. We have a large database with 9 filters, of which many are used at once. Currently users have to manually reset each of them individually.

5 Likes

Hey @epm99,

This is a requested feature, I will add it to our list, also will discuss with the team to see when we will be able to implement it.

Thanks!

1 Like

@Suzie Has this feature been completed and/or prioritized? Iā€™ve recently run into this issue as well, where we have several filters and a user needs to remove each selection to see all items.

Hey @mfrz,

It hasnā€™t be released yet, unfortunately I cannot mention estimation :frowning:

No worries. Thanks for the quick response!

1 Like

Upvote for this! More and more asked by Softr users.

Option1:
A button or, better, a new action for the buttons, to reset all filters of a block.

(It shouldnā€™t be automatic when reloading a block => we need a dedicated button/action)

Option 2: a ā€˜xā€™ button to reset a set of filters (one set of filter at a time to be reset and not of all them)

1 Like

Yes, much needed!

hello, Iā€™m facing a problem where I have filters that users can select and the options are connected to my database. However once you select an option you canā€™t go back to no selection. I canā€™t seem to find an option where I can add another default option or how to reset the filter. Any ideas?

1 Like

Same. This is a massive inconvenience to my users. Why even offer filters if users have to put them in again every single time?

+1 for this being a huge inconvenience.

Button which resets all filters in a block is highly needed.

Has there been any update on this functionality from Softr?
Even a confirmation that this will be part of their work in future would be appreciated.

Regarding the solution which people can use in the meantime, Iā€™m afraid I donā€™t see a viable option.

We tried following:

1. Reloading the block - doesnā€™t work as filters seems to be persisted in React state.
  2. Reloading the whole page - of course this work but the UX of this solution worries me.

This amplifies the need for reset functionality to exist.

Looking forward to having this!

@Suzie would this be part of the ā€œList Block Redesignā€ that appears as ā€œin progressā€ in the Roadmap ( https://www.softr.io/roadmap ) ?

Is there more detail available about what is in each item shown in the roadmap?