Private Chat Amongst Members

I’m blown away by how awesome the Softr team is.

Do you have plans to build out more advanced community chat features? I’d like to keep my community on Softr if possible.

Thank you!

@Jess,

Can I please ask you to give more details about the features you would like to have?

Thanks in advance.

Hey Suzie! Sure. I’d like users to be able to open private chats :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @Jess,

I will add it as a feature request for now.

Thanks!

I’d expand this to chat / messaging. Think Etsy or AirBNB. I can message the artist/property owner and get a reply on the platform. This is very important for Marketplaces where they need to communicate often before a transaction can happen. Note that talk.js is one of the libraries that some sites use for this feature. I have not tried to add talk.js to my site but will at some point.

The ability for site/app admins to be able to view chats between members is important to ensure that transactions are staying on the marketplace and inappropriate behavior is flagged. Part of that includes setting watch words (e.g. “email” or “call” and any format that is xxx@domain.tld etc. and then swears, etc) and ability for flagging inappropriate messages/content is part of that.

It’s pretty involved when you dive into it - but it’s also a must have feature for marketplaces that transact through an app (some are built to be more off-platform).

1 Like

other tools to explore:

1 Like

also www.courier.com

Hey guys,

Now we have Atom Chat integration.

You can check this and give feedback if you have any :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Hi Suzie, their support isn’t the best. we tried to follow instructions to have the private chate feature to allows users to chat with each other but still today no success.

If anyone has any insight on this please help

Does anyone have in depth experience with either AtomChat or TalkJS? AtomChat’s documentation is horrific; TalkJS looks like it could be really good, but I may lack the technical expertise to implement it.

+1 this request! Would be massively helpful!

+1; this would 10x my softr experience

Hey @ademiu,

Did you check AtomChat?

Just to follow up on this, AtomChat does not have the nice UI, touch and feel that Softr has. I am building a community platform and migrating over 3000+ users over the year to this platform, and would love to have something more towards Whatsapp/Discord, Telegram etc.

AtomChat is OK, and appreciate the efforts, but other options would be amazing!

There is the ability to incorporate 1on1 chat using just softr and airtable. It’s clunky and doesn’t look amazing but it works. At least for the MVP.

Hey, I would suggest checking this workaround also.

Hello Suzie,

Thank you this is very helpful.

I can’t figure out how he selects the recID value in the 2nd hidden form linked to the Recipient User (6.12min)

It is not a logged in user value and I tried for a while with different parameters but nothing works.

Could you please help me with that?

Thank you!

Hey @ClemYunus, I guess this issue has been fixed. We talked on chat.

Just to update here, in case anyone needs, the issue was that the List Details page was missing :slight_smile: