Pass custom query parameter to the registration form. Referral Code

Hello everyone,I need your help.

We are working on a marketing campaign to attract new customers a la aplicación.

To have traceability of the origin of these users, I need to pass a parameter to the registration form of the application.

Here is an example:
Web.com?Origin=Facebook
Web.com?Origin=Instagram
Web.com?Origin=Commercial

In the registration form I have added a hidden field, but I can’t fill it dynamically.
I can’t associate it to an Airtable field as it is dynamic.

How can I do this?

Thanks

Hi @RafaPG
As far as I understand you would like to send each parameter to different Airtable fields, right?
Indeed, it isn’t possible to dynamically change the field of the hidden field, but if you want to differentiate each parameter in different field here is what I would personally do:

1. I would create a hidden field to send the parameter to one filed in Airtable
  2. I would create Formula filed for Facebook, Instagram, Commercial and use IF formula for each of them with the following logic:
    If Hidden field is Facebook, show Facebook on the Facebook formula field, else show empty cell.

If you need more detail on how Airtable IF formula works, please check out this article.

Hope the provided workaround helps :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you @Viktoria for your reply.

What I am trying to do is a referral system.
The problem is that if I have 200 referrals with their affiliate code doing marketing campaigns I can’t have traceability of who has registered on the platform because of their link.

Is there any possibility that a hidden field can be added in a variable way.

@RafaPG Thanks for the clarification.
What if you pull out Page URL value with the hidden field, and with the help of Airtable formula separate the last value indicating the parameter? Would it help?

Thank you for your answers @Viktoria ,

In the end, I am creating different landings with a registration form, leaving a predefined field hidden (referrer code).

It is not what I was looking for, as it is not dynamic by query string, but it does the same function.

The problem is that I need to have many different custom pages with their corresponding registration form.

It would be interesting to be able to enable parameters by query string to the registration form.

Ex: IBM Spectrum Computing | IBM code= AsDFggggHG123

To be able to use only one registration form

Thanks for the details, @RafaPG
As far as I understand, you prefer having one page with registration form by adding different parameters to it automatically, right?

If yes, here is what I would personally do:

1. I would create a page with Form block
  2. I would add the parameters that you would like to add to the From block page to Airtable
  3. Then I would create a new Formula filed in Airtable and would concatenate the URL with the parameters e.g. CONCATENATE(‘https://yourdomain.softr.app/formpagepath?recordId=’, {Record ID})
  4. Then I would use the generated URL to redirect to the Form page.

Please advise if we are not on the same page. I would be happy to deep dive into the case as much as possible to be able to help you.