Page Speed issues

Hello!

I’ve been building a website for a while now, love softr but I’m just going through some updates on optimization and for some reason my site is soooo slow and its incredibly basic - www.wylderr.com

Has anyone had any luck optimizing the following with Softr:

• Reduce javascript execution time
  • Minimize main thread work
  • Reduce initial server response time

Cheers,

Joseph

Hey Joseph,

I was checking your link, it took less than one second to load, What problems have you encountered?

The performance for mobile is 32 and for desktop is 77, I need to increase the speeds for SEO, looking to drive more organic traffic and make the website the best it can possible be!

Hi @Joseph-Wylderr

While there is a lot of work to be done in this area I don’t think this will be a SEO issue Softr’s website is based on Softr https://softr.io/ and SEO has been working pretty well for us…

Hi Artur,

I appreciate the response, if Softr isn’t in charge of these areas, do you know ways to improve it?

• Reduce javascript execution time
  • Minimize main thread work
  • Reduce initial server response time

Cheers,

Joseph

I would not say Softr is not in charge :slight_smile:

Can you share link to the report so we can check too ?

You can check out any website using this - https://pagespeed.web.dev/

I’d even say there were some key areas to improve softr’s site, with basic things like SEO and accessibility not being ranked at 100 on the homepage, this would be restricting the SEO rankings.

In terms of my website to check - www.wylderr.com

This is a good question. I recently asked the same to Softr support.

I’m also getting a relatively low score on Page Speed Insights for Softr apps versus wordpress sites. I agree that optically the sites seem to load quickly, but PSI has issues with large image files (no next gen image support on Softr) and JS payloads (main thread work).

Page speed is only one of many variables impacting SEO. But it would be great to have a bit more control over how pages load. Asides from minimizing the amount of media files (and dynamic DB queries) it seems like there isn’t much else to do.

Hey @Joseph-Wylderr,

I am sorry for a later response. I will check the website and will keep you posted once having an update.