New Softr pricing?

I just want to double check that if I sign-up for the current Professional Trial before the new pricing comes in, I can stay on that at the end of the trial, paying on a monthly basis?

So glad to hear this as these changes got me worried about my startup plan on a lifetime discount becoming less and less attractive as time passes. My first impression was indeed that the coolest new features would not be included for this plan anymore. Quite a pickle, but luckily this is not the case then.

So I hereby want to express my appreciation to the Softr team for staying grateful to those early evangelist that, for instance, helped Softr to that 2021 Golden Kitty Award :revolving_hearts:

Hey Mark,

The new Pro and Business plans will function as they function now in terms of Permissions.

Pro plan - you can set edit permissions with Logged in user group only (field and record level)
Business plan - you can set edit permissions with multipls Custom user groups (field and record level)

Let me know if that was understandable.
Mariam

1 Like

@nigelfar thanks for the feedback, much appreciated!

With the new pricing, the goal with the newly introduced Basic plan ($49/m yearly plan) is exactly to help folks like you - who are just starting to build out your app, get initial users (5000 external users supported) - with full web-app functionality (includes editing, membership and more). To do the same, at the moment you would have to be on the current Professional plan ($65/m yearly) - which is not optional. The current Starter plan doesn’t support real membership scaling (membership is only for testing).

Once you scale, hopefully, you grow your business and then have the funds to adopt the higher plan.

Mariam

@nigelfar just replied to your other comment - I believe for your use case Basic might work better.

@J_1 thanks for your feedback, of course, we are here because of all of our loyal community and customers!

1 Like

@Miriam thanks for the reply. you mentioned that the new basic plan supports 5000 external users, but in the chart above it says 1000?

Membership is important to me, primarily for commenting and updating individuals profiles, not mass record editing. And this functionality I think would always be free in my app.
I think the current professional plan will suit me better. Its more than I need right now, but it allows me to grow what will undoubtedly start of as a hobby, and focus on growing the user base, and monetising comes later if at all. $65/$79 a month is ok for me to spend on a “hobby”, but not $139 or $269 if it grows a bit, and I’m still not generating revenue.

I’m loving Softr so far, but If I didn’t have the current plan options right now, I would most probably be looking at alternatives. Happy to provide some more thoughts around this

3 Likes

A few clarifying questions:

• don’t see the ability for a user to edit/update an airtable record specifically listed as it is with current pricing tiers? Which tier is needed for this function?
  • Clarifying that the “Inbox” available for the Pro and up tier is for the Inbox VIEW of data?
  • Is the “advanced form” what support has been referring to as Forms 2.0 in the support channels? More specifically, which feature/tier will support populating filters in realtime from an airtable data set as opposed to from the native Softr interface.
  • Confirming, we as customers can elect to NOT select a new tier and remain at our current feature/price level?

Thx,
DK

That’s very clear, thank you @Mariam
I’ll stick with the business plan, for sure.

1 Like

Hey Ben,

The pricing plan renewals (if not cancelled) will happen with any old plans you were on. So if you were on the legacy Maker/Startup or Starter/Prof/Business plans, unless you explicitly cancel up upgrade → the plans will renew (both monthly and yearly).
Does that help answer the question?

Mariam

Hey DamoNomad,

• Before we launch action buttons, the editing functionality stays as it is currently - available from Pro plan onwards. Once action buttons are released, the Editing will be available also on the Free plan, applicable to Logged in Users group.

• Inbox block - also Edit, as on the Pro plan you have editing available

• Advanced forms - means Forms 2.0 - with conditional logic. And regarding the populating filters feature - it’s already available even now, for all the plans!

• Correct, if you don’t proactively cancel or upgrade, you will continue staying on your current plans :slight_smile:

Thx,
Mariam

Hey Nilgelfar,

Sorry, that was a mistake on my end, the chart is correct - the Basic plan offers 1000 external members and not 5000 at this point. And sure, would love to understand more details behind your thought process and what use case are you building with Softr.

Mariam

Yes, that helps with legacy pricing moving forward. Thanks.

Artur addressed this earlier, but for clarification, can monthly legacy plans also switch to the same yearly legacy plan at their respective pricing and vice versa?

Also, will you be sending out another email about the pricing/feature changes, before the change? It appears there were a few discrepancies on the initial emails that were hashed out through this thread.

1 Like

Am I correct in understanding that if we are on Business Monthly now, and in the future want to stay with Business but switch to paying annually, that we can keep the existing pricing? I messaged support and they said that would be considered an upgrade and switch us to the new pricing. Thank you for clarifying.

1 Like

Hey Ben,

Re: switching monthly legacy plans to yearly legacy plans, generally after the launch, it won’t be possible, as the old plans will be disabled. But

1. either you can do it now
  2. we also plan to give a 2-week grace period for people to decide and help them do one-off individually - via customer support.

Re: email - we will send out an email on Monday. There are not many feature changes done after the previous email, mainly 2-3 changes that are either putting some blocks on the Free plan as well and also a better pricing offer for an additional custom domain, so nothing really to worry about.

Mariam

Hey Kerstin,

Pls see my answer above, for Ben’s question. Unfortunately, the old plans won’t be available after the launch (except the first 2-week grace period) - hence the old upgrade flow won’t be possible.

Thank you, Mariam. My dilemma is I can’t do the annual plan right now, but I think it’s what I will ultimately need. Unfortunately, I won’t know for sure until I get my app a bit more built out, and I just finished the trial. Softr seemed the obvious choice when I started the trial based on the existing pricing, but this change is pushing the cost in line with other options, so I may need to (quickly) re-evaluate. Thanks for the info.

Kristin, let us know if you do not manage to build out your app and decide within the next 2 weeks, we can see what we can do on an exceptional basis.

Thank you, Mariam!

At the old/legacy pricing or at the newly announced pricing for that tier?