New page path returns 404

I’ve recently changed the URL path of a page from:

New URL path returns 404. I tried duplicating the page and adding there the new path but also 404.
The old URL path although no longer visible on the Softr studio still works. So my guess is URL paths are not being updated.

Please help :smile:

I just tested this, and didn’t hit the problem you are hitting.

A very common mistake here is to make a change to the URL path but forget to publish the change. Any chance that’s it?

Also check out the URL redirect feature under settings / seo if you want to have existing links to the old slug be redirected to the new slug. (Unfortunately this feature doesn’t seem to be in the docs.)

@dcoletta thanks for the quick reply! Works now :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

Either i actually didn’t hit publish or there was a delay. Sorry for wasting your time!

No problem!

1 Like

this is now happening to me.
Published several times and check SEO settings.
Any other suggestion?

Hey @Mygrate,

This has been fixed on your end right?

Yep all good thank you

Right, it’s happening to me, with the sign up and sign in pages… On Signup points to a page that doesn’t even exists anymore on the studio, and keeps ignoring whatever I set it to.

Trie everything, clean cache, review any settings around SEO, slugs etc… I have even rebuilt it. Nothing it is still pointing to the old url…

Is there anything particular to the Signup/signin blocks around this… driving me crazy

hey @Mygrate, how did you solve it?

Solved :white_check_mark:
In Users → User groups → Page after sign in/up reset everything to none even though the page in question was not set there. But that did the trick

Hey @Carlos,

I see you still have an issue, would you please share the URL or contact via chat so that we can troubleshoot and help you?