Need help with apps

Hi guys,
I’m a new Softr fan who’s trying to develop two kind of apps:

1. An errands and handyman app where people can place small jobs that they need help with and handymen or technicians can contact them and make proposals.
    The difference with FIVERR is that the same user can be a user that needs help or a handyman that can do jobs and errands. I’m stuck here because do not know how to let the users do both things.
    At the beginning will be a free app so no need to have any kind of payments or escrow, that we’ll add it later.

2. An app where people can login using social accounts, leave voice recorded questions and a group of experts could answer them in private or make them public so other users could listen to them. It could be like a professor with the students or a psychologist with patients. Also, need users to be allowed to vote, like or rank questions and answers.

Is it possible to do these with Softr?
I hope you guys get what I need, if not please ask me for more explanation.

Thanks and regards,
Carlos

Hey @CarlosV, based on my experience so far:

1. seems very doable unless you’re intending to be a payment processor intermediary (like Fiverr). If you’re not processing payment for jobs and its just purely a job board that’s either accessible for free (or paid access), then I think its very reasonable. You’ll want to setup user group permissions such that a single person can meet criteria for both users groups i.e. both a handyman and a customer. The only issue I’ve run into so far in this regard is menu visibility (which I’ve posted about here: Header Link Visibility Parameters ) I suspect you’ll run in the same snag I describe in that post. Adding payment escrow will be more challenging, but probably doable.

2. I think you’re going to run into more immediate limitations. Social account logins aren’t accessible at the moment (to my knowledge, there may be a workaround that another user knows about). Apart from that, I can think of some ways you might make the other aspects work with the ability to share questions to social media.

Hope that helps!