Make "File" field type in list details appear on one line instead of two/wrapping text

Hello all, is it possible to have a File field’s content appear in a single line, rather than wrap its text & take up two lines?

Screen Shot 2023-04-25 at 3.06.08 PM

1 Like

Can you provide a link to the page?

Hey @delaney, can you please also us know which block you are using?

@delaney and @Marine.Hovhannisyan I would appreciate this as well or the ability to not show the file name at all. I use Table Block. Could you refer me to the style element that could remove or wrap the file name? Thanks!

Hello! Of course, here is a picture of the block it is a List details page with image slider.

This is a page I made for the purposes of sharing a link for this issue, so it shows the issue but it’s not the actual page I’m working on. Hope that’s alright! Click “see more” for the modal with the list details.

@delaney Try adding the following code to the <head> section of your page:

<style>
.css-1vou5f1 {
    flex: auto;
    white-space: nowrap;
    padding-left: 10px;
    padding-top: 2.5px;
}
</style>

You might need to change the selector on the live page.

2 Likes

Can you clarify - what do you want to show instead of the file name?

Just that file icon

@rebeccajane You can use:

<script>
.css-1vou5f1 {
display: none;
}
</script>

You’ll want to right click on the text and open the inspector, then find the correct selector for the text part of the element and replace the .css-1vou5f1 above with whatever the selector is on your page. Link me if you’re having trouble.

1 Like

You are a legend. Thank you so much :smiley:

@EnigmaXXIII @rebeccajane also, is it possible to change the paperclip icon to a different icon?

Glad the first part worked for you.

For the paperclip icon, it’s possible. Do you have anything in mind you’d like to replace it with?
You can find some great icons here: Find Icons with the Perfect Look & Feel | Font Awesome

Thank you! I’d probably go with something like folder-arrow-down after learning how.