List details Page URL

Hi everyone from Sydney :slight_smile:
Hopefully, someone can help me with this:
I am building a network of consultants.

Once they sign up and complete their profile, I would Iike their profile to include a URL button containing the link to their own profile, so that they can view it and share it.
This URL should also be sent to an Airtable field.

How can I achieve this? (hopefully, I was clear enoughā€¦)
Thank you!

Hey @Mygrate , Welcome !

Here is what you could do:

1. Make a new page to list the user profile, add a list-details block to list the user information that you wish to make public. Lets call that page ā€˜profileā€™.
  2. Add a formula field on your airtable users table, and name it something like ā€˜public profile urlā€™
  3. Add the following formula to the previous field 'appname.softr.app/profile?recordId=' & RECORD_ID()
  4. Go to your default user profile page (the one that uses the profile block) and add a new field to show the newly created ā€˜public profile urlā€™ field.

I hope this helps you.

1 Like

Thanks mate Iā€™ll give it a go :slight_smile:

So I managed to create the formula and generate the profile url. But I can find anywhere to add it to.
The buttons in the menu only allows me to add pages, sections or external links, but not specific elements.
Any advice?

@Mygrate were you ever able to figure this out? Iā€™m working on something similar now, will let you know what I end up doing.

Yes, all sorted thank you :slight_smile:
Would be happy to see your work :slight_smile:

Hi @acjnas I have a similar use case where I need the user to copy or share the page url to clipboard. How can I create a button that will copy this link to the page to the clipboard?

Hey @TJ-Pitchstr,

Please check this thread, perhaps it will be helpful for you :slight_smile:

Thanks,

Thanks @Suzie, I did this one as you can see on the same thread but it didnā€™t work for some reason. Iā€™m waiting for a solution from the team. I was hoping I could get some other idea from the community in the meantime