I’m working on my site with Softr, and I’ve resorted to a manual “hack” for something that I would like some feedback on. Maybe one of you have already built what I have in mind?
I’m trying to build dynamic pages for “curated collections” for my directory site. You can take a look at my “prototype” page (which isn’t fully dynamic at the moment but contains dynamic elements) here.
In addition to list pages (of items) and list item pages, these curated collections would consist of the following dynamic elements:
- Dynamic intro and outro text (achieved from fields in “collections” linked table)
- A selection of SOME items from a list (achieved by field “belongs to collection” in the item table)
- For those items, generate two dynamic blocks:
- A comparison table, comparing a set of fields that are SPECIFIC TO THE COLLECTION (because different criteria/stats are more important in different categories of what’s compared)
- A list of the items with details/fields that are always the same regardless of collection (so a simple linked list)
So, my challenge is how I could generate 1) in a dynamic way, where the SELECTION OF FIELDS is dependent on info from the “collections” Airtable table. Is there a way that I could have my collections table consist of
- One linked field “items”, linking to the title field from the “items” table (this is where I curate/pick the items for this specific collection)?
- Another linked field “compare fields”, that somehow links to the COLUMNS (item details/specifications) that I choose? This is where it falls apart because it doesn’t seem possible - but I have a feeling that with some fancy scripting it might be possible to populate fields in the “collections” table dynamically according to the “compare fields” field. Help!
Any ideas on how this could be accomplished?