Linked Field Dropdowns in Update Block

I am loving the new buttons in the inbox block, I have been using the ‘dropdown’ options to sync with a linked field in airtable.

If I understand correctly - there is a plan in the roadmap to include fields in form blocks that allow selecting only linked fields from dropdowns. Will this be included in the ‘update buttons’ actions also?

For example: We have a CRM style application in which users can view projects with us. These projects are owned by a team lead but viewable by the whole team. The team are linked to the team lead in airtable and we would like to give team leads the ability to add or remove team members to projects. Obviously we cannot allow them a dropdown list of every one of our customers as that would be inappropriate - so we would like to use a dropdown of only linked fields to only allow project leads to select users that are linked to them.

Thanks

1 Like

Hey @HarwellXPS,

This is one of the features we are planning to have, yes. Unfortunately I cannot mention any timeline on when this will be possible, we need to think of a proper implementation plan first.

Will keep you posted once there is an update :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @Suzie, is this still being worked on? any ETA? I could REALLY use it!

Hey @Lauren @HarwellXPS , we’ve just released global data restrictions. This feature should solve your problem. We’ll being doing a public announcement early next week, however you can jump into your account now and try this out. Read our help doc for more info Global data restrictions – Softr Help Docs

Wow amazing, thanks @jamesdavie !! Really excited to play with this

1 Like

Thanks for the update! It doesn’t seem to be available in my account?

@Lauren can you pls hard relaod or clean cache and check ?

Done, also logged out and in again and it still isn’t there.

@Lauren what’s your subscription plan ? this is now enabled for business plans and the team is making a final decision soon

1 Like

I LOVE This feature btw tysm