Introducing SQL Databases as Softr Data Sources 🔌

Hi all!

We’re excited to announce a major update: Softr apps can now connect directly to SQL databases! :boom:

Now you can easily connect your PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server, or MariaDB data sources.

Get started with SQL + Softr today. Currently in beta and available on all plans.

Learn more

6 Likes

Great great news. Thanx!

So excited for this!

Great news! I saw the announcement for the event for SQL as a database. I am very interested for this event but does 6pm EDT mean 12 midnight Amsterdam time? :slightly_frowning_face:

Hi, when I’m trying to connect to my MySQL 8.0 or MariaDB 10.6 Database hosted by my provider IONOS im getting this error:

Something went wrong
Error while connecting to SQL Database: Failed to obtain JDBC Connection; nested exception is com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server., Communications link failure The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server.

Any idea what could be the issue here?

1 Like

Hi there, it’s hard to tell what’s going on. But here are some steps that you can take to potentially resolve it:

1. Check Database Server:
Ensure the MySQL server is running and can accept connections.
2. Verify Network Connectivity:
Use tools like ping or telnet to check connectivity to the database server.
3. Review Configuration Settings:
Double-check the database URL, username, password, and other connection settings in your application.
4. Check Logs:
Look at the database server logs for any errors or warnings that might give more insight into the issue.
5. Test Connection Manually:
Use a database client (like MySQL Workbench or a command-line tool) to connect to the database using the same credentials and connection details.

Hi. I was trying to connect a comments block to a SQL datasource but the option is greyed out. Is SQL not available for this block? Any idea when it will become available?

Unfortunately our comment blocks are not support with SQL just yet. Sorry for the inconvenience here and will be sure to keep this thread updated when that changes.