Integrated Audio Recording in Forms

I have been searching for ways to simplify the process of collecting audio files through Softr forms. Currently, this involves having respondents record their audio separately, then attach and submit the audio file with the form, which can be quite cumbersome.

To enhance user experience and efficiency, I would like to implement an integrated audio recording feature directly within the form. I believe it would be an invaluable addition to the suite of tools Softr offers.

Meanwhile, I’d like to explore other potential solutions that could address this need. If anyone has any suggestions for a custom code or no-code solution that could allow for direct audio recording within forms, I would greatly appreciate your input. I’m open to both in-house modifications or integrations with third-party tools.

I appreciate your time and look forward to any suggestions or guidance you might be able to provide.

Hi @lea, before people will share their experiences, what if you embed an audio-recording tool into your Softr app using our Custom Code block? You will need to find a tool that allows embedding it.

Hi @lea I have a similar need in my app, mine is video. I’m using Ziggeo, who also have audio by the way. They also have a way to imbed the recorder into the custom code block like @Marine.Hovhannisyan mentioned.
I’ve been working with them for a few weeks now to integrate the recorder into the form, which was successful. However, the challenge is sending the data (video unique identifier) to my AirTable DB along with the rest of the data collected in the form. This part is still work in progress.
Check out Ziggeo.com and if you think it works for you, I’m happy to share the codes I’ve used so far to bring you up to speed.

1 Like

Have it in my app shownotes.io (custom code) I hear you on sending the audio directly but I opted for a 2 step approach so that they can playback and re-record if need be. Try it and see if it works for you and will share the code.

1 Like

I am also looking for audio integration. I like how you added it to your website. I would appreciate it if you could share your code with me. Thank you

1 Like