Inbox block in mobile view is glitchy

The inbox block in mobile view reverts back to the list when a list item is selected. Must be a problem, because the desktop and tablet views show details of list items fine. This happens in mobile view randomly.

Thanks Ben. This bug was reported when the inbox block first came out. I think it’s one of a number of reasons why the inbox block is a good start but not really ready for production yet. Ideally such blocks would be marked as beta.

2 Likes

Thanks David. I think Softr should focus more on getting their existing rollouts right, instead of releasing unfinished features frequently. It would reduce reconfigurations and turnover, convert more users to paid plans in the long run, and most importantly result in apps that end-users can actually use.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more. From a strategic perspective, releasing unfinished features is a conscious decision to trade off current sales against future churn. This might be the right business decision for Softr, just like accruing technical debt is often a good engineering decision. But it’s very frustrating for us users!

1 Like

Hey Ben,

Sorry for the inconvenience, yes, it’s a known issue we have it included in our ToDo list, will double check on when the team will be able to fix it.

Thanks for the update and transparency Suzie. Appreciate the follow up.

1 Like

You are welcome, in discussions with the team, will keep you posted :slight_smile:

Any updates on this? The inbox block still does not open a modal with content from the top of the connected page. It opens the content somewhere down the page it is connected to on Android mobile. I have avoided using the inbox block for this reason for over a year now. Can we finally have tech optimize the inbox block for mobile?

Hey @Ben,

I have tested my self and it opens smoothly both on iOS and Android, perhaps you have a custom code running on the page?

Can you please add the URL for me to test if you can setup one for testing, that would be great.

Thanks for checking it out Suzie. It is glitchy on mobile when there is more than a basic configuration. For instance, when there are conditional filters for the source, … , but to save time I am going to avoid it and use other blocks for mobile visibility.