Get info in Comment Blocks

Hi mates:

I am using some comment blocks in an app, as there are the four fields that we have to work with:

1. CommenterID
    2.RecordID
    3.Comment-text
    4.Created date.

Everything works perfectly, but the problem is as I have to show a sum up of commenters plus Themes, and I am getting from some time ago just the recordID from CommenterID, and I have not the email from him, the same as the email or info from the task (RecordID)… Anyone knows how to collect more info from the comment block???

Thanks a lot

Hey @raul_lopez

I’m not sure what should be the end-user experience you’re hoping to accomplish. Can you share an example?

I have to show a sum up of commenters plus Themes

What are Themes in this context?

I am getting from some time ago just the recordID from CommenterID, and I have not the email from him, the same as the email or info from the task (RecordID)

Can you share an example when there’s email mismatch between the comment and the task?

Anyone knows how to collect more info from the comment block???

What do you mean by collect? Upon comment submission?

Hi @Jakub , everything solved because Suzie helped me with the issue…

Now I have a question… I have a comment block connected to Leads, so I receive the RecordID from the Lead or contact which has a task to performance. I would like to get the name of the contact because I wanna connect a detail block to review the tasks by a manager. Is it possible to get the name of that RecordId without having to look for who is he/she in the list of leads??

Hey @raul_lopez,

Here again, I will need to check the data one more time :slight_smile: Will need some time for that, will let you know once there is an update :slight_smile:

1 Like

Could anyone figure out a solution? The issue is as I have connected comment block to talk about the contact/client. After that If I connect this table for managers, how can Identify who client/contact I am talking about?? Now the manager should look for the ID in the list…