Form features / how do I...?

Trying to figure out a few things regarding getting forms to do what I want. Searched knowledge docs but couldn’t find answers to these…

• can a user “add an option” when selecting a multiple select drop down option?

• can drop down or multi select options pull options from airtable field in real-time rather than from the softr pre-added options?? It looks like this might be a forms 2.0 feature that’s coming but can’t tell for sure?

• (this may need to be done through airtable magic) but can the options presented in a drop down selector be made user specific?

Thx all!

Hey @DamoNomad,

1. Regarding your first question, you mean having an ability to add an additional option when displaying the dropdown list?

2. It’s a coming feature will be available soon :slight_smile: We are working on it.

3. Can you please clarify your question?

1 Like

Thanks for the response! Some clarifications:

1. yes, similar to when I click on an airtable field and add in a selection not already available as one of the multi or single selects. Use case would be the user wants to add a tag to a record that isnt already included in the default list. This actually leads right into my #3 question…

2. say for example there are record tags (using a multi select field) that each individual user creates for themselves. they are unique to that user (because they created them and they “live” in say a user data table in airtable) so when the user pulls up a record, they have access to use their personal tags, which would be different than the tags available in the Softr dropdown window for another user.

Thank you!

Damon

Thanks for the clarification, @DamoNomad,

I will add these requests to our list surely :slight_smile: