Filter Options "As Defined in Source" vs. A-Z/Z-A

I have a filter that sorts based on linked record options in Airtable. I can’t sort the options “As defined in source” and I don’t know why. The data would be way more intuitive and useful if I could, alphabetical sorts make no sense for days of the week and age categories. Please let me know if there’s anything I can do to make this work. Thank you very much for your consideration.

Hi,

The limitation should come from the type of field in Airtable that you use as a filter in Softr.

What type of field is it? I think it is a linked record field.

As defined in Source is available for single select and multi-select types of field, not for a linked record field nor a text field nor a lookup field.

1 Like

Hi Matthieu, thank you for your reply.

Yes, it is a linked field. Good to know this functionality only works for single & multi-select fields.

I’m not sure if this is something you have any insight into, but in case you or someone else here does - do you think there’s any chance Softr could/would bring this functionality to linked record fields? I can imagine it would be more technically difficult, but I don’t have any grasp of how much more.

The problem is that sorting a linked record field doesn’t sort by what you see in this field but by the table referenced in the linked record field. I am not sure this is possible in Airtable (not sure Airtable gives access to the index of the records in a table in their API - I couldn’t find it).

The linked record field itself doesn’t have, like a select field, an order => it’s a list from another table.

Though you can still add it in the feature request category. Then it will be taken in count for development (or not) according to the product management.

1 Like

Very helpful, Matthieu. Thorough and concise, everything I wanted to know. Thank you again.