Fillout Form Users: Guide available for custom prefill data for embeds

Link to Softr Specific Fillout Guide

I’ve been using fillout for a while and had not realized they created this guide. It gives beginner friendly directions on passing different values into the form, including code snippets for embedded forms :slight_smile: Sharing in case anyone else finds useful!

For embeds, their support agent provided this screenshot to demonstrate what URL parameter language can be modified in order to use their URL parameter feature you configure in the settings for your form :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi, thanks for sharing your insight with us :heart:

Hi, thanks for sharing this! I am currently trying to set up an embedded fillout form but am having no luck passing the user record id over from airtable. I have a real estate platform, and this form will be how users list their properties onto the site. Before using fillout, I had a hidden field which would capture the logged in users record ID and store it into a different table in airtable. I am unsure on how to do this using fillout, could you give me any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Honesly it trips me up every time LOL. I would really encourage messaging their support (they have a chat just like softr does) they are just as helpful as softr’s team is! Every time I get stuck they help me if I give them screenshots of my airtable base/softr info. They’re always able to tell me how to config/tweak embed codes etc to get it working!

I just am terrible at remembering how I did it the next time LOL