Dynamic URL for normal button

Hi there,

I’m wondering if it’s possible to have dynamic URL for a button. Currently I made some workarounds with the List block or with a form and webhook with MADE.

But I’m wondering if there is an easier solution? Simply put, I just need a button and when you click it, it opens a dynamic URL based on the user (the custom URL is already created in airtable).

Is this possible?

Thanks!! :slight_smile:

Yes,

but only if you use an action button (open url) in a list details block. That way it can point towards the URL in the airtable record. Would this work?

Yes, that’s what I’m currently doing. But it doesn’t look good. You can’t center it etc.

What I’m looking for is a simple button (like the CTA buttons), but with a dynamic URL.

aayyyy theres no tokens yet for those. Se Passing URL Parameters Through a Softr Form - #12 by dramirez

Yes, you can do exactly what you asked for with either a static block or a custom code-centered button.

You’ll need to populate the URL data from the active record or the user’s session, and then replace the “#” URL in your button with the dynamic URL using a touch of JavaScript.

If the destination URL is not at the user’s session level (user’s table) but at the record level, make sure to add a block that displays this destination URL, and then keep it hidden from your users. Internally, you can use JavaScript to map that data to your custom button URL.

Using a custom button might be the best solution to have a full control over design

Here is the full code to be inserted in a custom code block:

<button id="myButton">Go to Details Page</button>

<style>
  #myButton {
    width: 160px;
    height: 40px;
    background-color: #23406F;
    border-radius: 10px;
    padding: 10px 10px;
    margin: auto;
    font-size: 14px;
    font-family: "Inter", sans-serif;
    font-weight: bold;
    color: #f8f8f8;
    text-align: center;
    float: center;
    display: flex;
    align-items: center;
    justify-content: center;
  }

#myButton:hover {
    background-color: #FFFFFF;
    color: #23406F;
  }
</style>

<script>
  document.getElementById("myButton").addEventListener("click", function() {
    if (window['logged_in_user'] && window['logged_in_user']['Field to point']) {
      window.location.href = window['logged_in_user']['Field to point'];
    } else {
      console.error('Formula project URL is not available.');
    }
  });
</script>

You need to replace Field to point (appearing twice) by the exact field name in the users table (case sensitive)