Dynamic Form Fields

Hey @Ben,

We try hard to please our users :slight_smile: We hope very soon you will be able to enjoy the features.

1 Like

Dynamic as in some conditional logic. You get conditonal logic on the forms and I might get a SOFTR tatoo.

3 Likes

@Acefast

This is a planned feature, I will keep you posted once it is launched with the hope of getting a pic with a Softr Tattoo :))))

2 Likes

Super excited for this :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Hey @jakobpalmers,

Yeap, this is a cool feature. Will let you know once available.

When is the scheduled release date for this (Dynamic/Conditional Forms)? The date I was told by a chat rep was last month (6/22):

Hi Marine. When will Forms 2.0 be available?

Hi, to be honest with you, we are planning on releasing the Form 2.0 version in Q2 (if everything goes as expected).
Marine sent this

June is the most realistic date in this case.
Marine sent this

This June. Great!

I ask because I was also told this would be released last year:

Hi Ben, while working on it we realised our block settings panels needed to be rethought and we ended up doing redesign on them before we could process with advanced forms. To go further with details we have forms related changes design ready and in 3 weeks time we shall be releasing the redesign and then in in additional 3-4 weeks we should have the forms come out.

Apologies for the delay!

1 Like

@artur thanks for the update! Can you confirm if the new forms will have ablility to use current data in airtable for linked records, single/multi-select opions?

@Nick correct that is also going to be part of it

2 Likes

I’ve just come here to show my support for conditional forms :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey @dodonerd,

Thanks for sharing this here :slight_smile:

Hi Suzie any updates on this feature, do you expect a release this QTR?

1 Like

Dear @Insurly,

We are still working on it, we will post once the option is ready :slight_smile:

Hi @Suzie , forgive me for asking, but any update on the new forms feature, or an ETA? A critical part of my softr site is awaiting this :wink:

1 Like

Hey @datom,

Currently we are working on a big update for all of the blocks. Once it is released we will start implementing the new (promised) features. The release will be perhaps in 4-6 weeks.

I know that you are waiting for this update, we try hard to push everything as planned, but sometimes it takes a bit longer.

Thanks,

2 Likes

Hi Suzie. Will we be able to update existing records with the new forms?

Dear @Ben,

We have not included this feature in our plans, however I will add it :slight_smile:

Thanks Suzie. I was hopeful that this was planned for Forms 2.0 (the most anticipated feature request on Softr’s roadmap :wink: :wink:) Updating or editing existing records with forms would solve so many use cases:

As an example, since forms already pass useful hidden info, a button linked to a form on a modal pop-up that edits records could have powerful implications for ‘no-code’ web apps :exploding_head:.

1 Like

This is a disappointing limitation on the upcoming forms which limits their utility. I was hoping to cut out the middleman, and use Softr to both (1) select records from Airtable, and (2) then edit those records.

It sounds like I will still have to click on a link to Jotform for the actual editing of fields.

Carl.

1 Like

Hey :slight_smile:

Let’s see what @artur thinks about this feature.