Do not publish filtered base results on live Softr website!

I noticed today (purely by chance) that while I was filtering my Airtable Base to change the categories of some of the listings, my Softr website was displaying only the filtered results too. I’m glad I caught this because once my site is live, I don’t want the resource directory to show only what I am working on in the Airtable base!

Filter 1
Filter 2

What I do is that I create a ‘live’ Softr view and lock it in airtable. I ask Softr to get info from that view. That way, I can work in other views and filter as I wish in airtable without affecting my live site.

1 Like

Hi there, thanks for your reply. Based on your response, can I please ask how do you modify the table with regular updates? I will be adding listings every week and perhaps a few new categories every 2-3 months. How does your advice help with this requirement? (FYI - I have only been using Softr and Airtable for a month, with a 100% vertical learning curve!). Thanks in advance for your help.

This should be in a “Best Practices” sticky someplace. Great technique.

1 Like

Airtable views are just that, ‘views’. The data is the same across the board. They just display what you want to show to the specific user. Softr just adds a layer to that by creating a front-end for that data (which is quite amazing tbh). As an airtable user, I’ve been waiting for something like this for years. For e.g. for my softr website/app: https://academy.bibliotech.ca/. I only want to display events which are ‘current’ (i.e. ones that are happening after ‘today’). So, I created a filtered view in Airtable and asked Softr to fetch data from it. In other views, I display any other info I want (including 'past webinars). I don’t know the specifics of your use case, so I can only offer so much help. Check out Gareth Pronovost’s youtube channel for great tutorials on Softr and Airtable. https://www.youtube.com/c/GAPConsultingAirtable also NO-Code IE has some neat videos. Introduction to No-Code.ie - YouTube. Good luck!

1 Like

@jfanou Thanks for giving the example of your site Bibliotech Academy. It was very helpful in context with your response. Thanks for being generous with your replies and helping me with my questions.

1 Like