Default View for Action Button Dropdown Fields

This is a two-part feature request :upside_down_face:

1. It would be great if there was a way to choose a “Default View” for action button dropdown fields that are mapped to Airtable data.

For example, a “Contacts” Airtable table may have Manufacturers as well as Clients, but I only want to make contacts in the Manufacturers view available in the dropdown list.

1. One step further, the ability to have conditional fields based on dropdown selection would be a huge win.

For example, a form with a “company” dropdown and a “location” dropdown. The second drop down (location) should only show locations for the company that was picked in the first drop down.

2 Likes

+1 I need this so bad! Filters for dropdown fields would be a game changer. For example, logged in users only see dropdown fields where status is X.

Hey @nocodeking, just wanting to follow up here with some exciting updates.

1. We have just released our new global data restrictions feature. Check out our help doc for more info on how to get started Global data restrictions – Softr Help Docs

2. This improvement has been shortlisted for development. I can’t give an exact timeframe for you, but it’s definitely something we’re aiming to work on.

Enjoy!