Crafting a Comparison Table for Users - How to generate user-filters and the custom view?

Hi dear Softr-Community,

I am a former developer, now mainly being in product, but I would like to craft my new project by myself using softr if possible.

I gathered data on certain services/providers and would like my audience to compare these after a login. The user management is clear to me, but I have two major questions regarding best practices on “how to build such a thing with Softr”. I would really appreciate a few bullets on how to start here:

1. Inverted Table View
    You all know tables such as this one: https://media.nngroup.com/media/editor/2017/02/24/keurig.png - columns are the different products and providers, each row compares a parameter.

I have a table prepared with the data on different providers. The columns are the parameters, the rows are the providers. I want to filter out a certain set of these and display them in a table such as above - meaning I have to invert rows/columns. How would you realize such a view?

1. User Specific Views
    I would like to allow my users to fill out a questionnaire on their requirements. The results should be saved to his account and afterward, i want to filter the results of the table mentioned in 1. based on these. How would you do such a thing with Softr?

As an update if anyone is interested, i researched in parallel on the Pory Community where it came to my understanding that this is not achievable by using the built-in toolset.

Hi @msl_agile.

Thank you for all the details on your use-case.

For the moment we do not have inverted table blocks, but I’ll make sure to add this to our backlog as a feature request.

For the second part of your use-case, I’ll suggest crearting a Form block to gather the preferences of each user.

Than on the dynamic block that is supposed to show the information you have, use the form options as a conditional filter. Please check this article for more details on conditional filters.

Let me provide an example to better illustrate the flow.

I create an application where users can sign up. Right after sign-up, they need to submit a form. In my case, it’s a simple form with 2 dropdown fields.

Then, in my base I have another table where the records already have this options defined for each.

So when I put a conditional filter on the block, that conditional filter will compares the logged in user’s preferred options and the options each record has on the block, and show the ones that exactly match their preferences.

I hope this helps with you use-case. Let us please know if you have more questions.