Collection of features improvement ideas and bugs July 2024

Hi Softr Team,
first of all, thanks for the amazing features and data sources and support ever since. Softr grows very similar to my needs and it’s great to see.:slight_smile: After using it almost daily, I collected a bunch of feedback and things I noticed when using it. I am sure some things you already know and will fix with the new book redesigns, but hey.
Happy to clarify specific points if needed. Many thanks!

Bugs:

• Search hover state not configurable and margin-bottom is not working
    in List with horizontal cards and visible button and List with deletable elements, vertical cards and others
  • Generally, margins don’t always display correctly
  • When in modal, scroll to section action button not working, opens in a new window instead.

Improvement / UX

• Ability to hide created fields without the need to delete them. It’s annoying because you set up styles and need to re set them again.
  • In sync filter options fieds, we are unable to paste a semicolon-separated list. The old blocks supported pasting a semicolon-separated list. This made it easy to maintain filter options and bulk update them easily. The newer blocks don’t allow that and we need to manually type every filter. I have multiple blocks with 10+ filter options that cannot be synced, and setting them up is time-consuming.
  • No hover design on list action topbar buttons
  • For Details block → open page option as button action is missing and would be useful!
  • Add actions after action button clicks (like the same Action options after form submission). For example a page redirect.
  • Add a new reload page action after the action button or form input to show the newly added items in the list.
  • Conditional forms: send different steps to different tables/data sources (not sure if this can be done, as i haven’t used the conditional forms on the professional plan) Would be great if they could be in the pro plan:) + Make conditional routing available in pro plan.
  • Make dynamic button URL options available (as it works on detail block action buttons) on every button, for example, CTA block.

Feature:

• Block themes/templates (design one block and update visuals/text everywhere where the block is used and has the same data). I suggested that idea already as global blocks (like in Figma with parent and child versions). I have a Newsletter signup CTA, for example, on many pages. It’s the same everywhere, but I need to manually update that block everywhere instead of changing it once.
  • Conditional button link/page routing. This would eliminate some of the double blocks needed. Probably the button visibility features solve this problem, but I never used it as it is in the professional plan.
  • Dynamic/conditional filter options based on user data. For example, For a company project, I have a linked record field of farms on the user table. One user can have multiple farms. When I enable the filter option for the user to filter by farms, ALL the possible farms from ALL the user are shown as options. This is a security risk. I only want the user to be able to select the filter via the farms that belong to that user. I had numerous encounters where I needed that feature!
1 Like