Clickable as a BaaS: We'd love your thoughts and feedback! 🚀

Hey Softr community! :blush:

The community here has been treating me so well, so I thought I’d share an idea and also receive some feedback.

I’m discovering new possibilities currently, and I want to share that after having great feedback with our Website as a Service (WaaS) company, Clickable, we’re considering expanding into the Backend as a Service (BaaS) space.

We’ve had the pleasure of building the web application and frontend for the AI company Home Project, a technology company with 400+ users, using the fantastic Softr.io platform. :globe_with_meridians:

(Full disclosure, I’m a owner in the company)

We’d love to get your input on the idea of a BaaS platform tailored towards small and medium sized business and startups. Our vision is to manage both the front end and backend systems for companies, enabling them to run ultra-efficiently online at a fraction of the cost of hiring a dev team and a front end team. :computer::rocket:

We’re curious about your thoughts on:

1. Would a BaaS solution like this interest you - do you think it could even work? :thinking:
  2. What pricing structure (per month or per user per month) / range (in USD) would you expect, given Softr’s limitations? :money_with_wings:
  3. Are there any specific features you’d like to see in such a service? :star2:
  • We already know that we would be offering unlimited requests as we already do today.

Your feedback is invaluable as we work on creating a BaaS platform that truly meets your needs. And don’t worry, we’ll keep it Clickable-simple and budget-friendly, just like our website subscription program! :wink:

We appreciate your time and insights! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. :pray::speech_balloon:

Happy building! :building_construction::sparkles:

Any thoughts is very welcome:)

When I hear “backend as a service” I think Make and Zapier. And also the Softr back end to some degree. But I’m guessing you have something else in mind, and I admit I’m not sure what it would be. Can you talk through a couple of example user stories that you have in mind that you think a BaaS solution would implement?

Might need some reformulation then - I am referring to an agency (Clickable) building web applications for clients.

Lets say you have a hair saloon and would like a backend""/ web app to handle bookings, inventory etc.

Instead of paying a dev team to build something from scratch, you would use Clickable and pay a fixed monthly sum to have your web application developed, maintained and updated.

My apologies for the lack of word choices, english is my second language :sweat_smile:

Still not seeing what BaaS adds over and above what you can already build with Softr and Airtable. Presumably you can already build a site that handles bookings & inventory for a hair salon using Softr and Airtable. So what would BaaS add?

So we as an agency would use Softr and Airtable to build the site that handles bookings & inventory for the client (the person who owns the hair saloon and dont know anything about building things online).

I call it BaaS, but maybe just disregard that word, might be wrong.

OK, now I think I understand. I looked at your Clickable website and what you offer, and what I would call it is “Web development as a service”. I.e., it looks to me like you want to charge a flat monthly rate for all the website development work that the customer wants.

Did I get it?

Spot on. Exactly what I’m thinking!

OK then in that case it was the above line that threw me, because it seemed like you were already offering web development as a service, so I couldn’t figure out what additional the “backend as a service” was supposed to be offering.

What did “expanding” mean?