Charts have been revamped šŸ“Š

Question: so a ton of the data that our org wants visualized in a dashboard is in the form of counting how many records in a table have a certain status tag so like # items ā€œpendingā€ vs # items ā€œQCā€ etc. I was excited when I saw that you could aggregate information, but when Iā€™m playing in the app it looks like I canā€™t have it aggregate based on a tag?
would the proposed workaround be to make a formula with a number for a tag value?

@danyalamriben thereā€™s a bug with ā€˜Count allā€™ that weā€™ll fix tomorrow (the ā€˜Fieldā€™ setting below should be hidden as itā€™s irrelevant).

But just curious, is your ā€˜Statusā€™ field single or multi-select?

1 Like

single, and I gave it a whirl using chatgpt and it worked haha

kinda hacky workaround, definitely will appreciate the bug fix!

Yes, will let you know as soon as we fix it!

1 Like

@rebeccajane itā€™s a bit tricky with react blocks and dom size changes. I would suggest waiting a bit, as we will be enabling side-by-side sooner or later :slight_smile: we have too.

Hi @rebeccajane ,

Can you go to this thread to comment and show me what are the code used? (there should be 3 of them). If I start debugging here, the thread is going to be overwhelmed.
Also, can you confirm that this happens on a desktop view and not mobile or tablet devices?

Here is an example, it should work (these are the new, updated chart blocks): https://test-play.softr.app/two-columns-draggable

2 Likes

Sorry forgot to get back. The ā€œCountā€ function is fixed as of last week. If you still run into issues do let us know!

Hi @austinyang I think it was working for a little while but now Iā€™m running into new issues where itā€™s saying ā€œnot enough data to show a chart yetā€ but the number of records that it should be aggregating are 40, using a single select status field for the same donut chart above. Do you guys know what the conditions are that cause that ā€œnot enough dataā€ to show up?

I am speaking with support and being told now that the only fields working for aggregation functions are still numbers or formulas, so Iā€™m confused what you mean by the ā€œcount function is fixed of last weekā€ hahaā€¦ I may be misunderstanding your meaning :sweat_smile: Iā€™ll go back to my initial GPT/formula workaround for now

1 Like

Hello Diana, I see youā€™re discussing this one with the support team already. Aramayis just suggested a temporary workaround for it, and Iā€™m following up with the engineering team to understand what happened here. Iā€™ll keep you posted.

Awesome, I was hoping it wasnā€™t the permanent :slight_smile: just wanted to be sureā€¦ thank you!

@danyalamriben oops this fell through the cracks. Just following up to see if the issue still persist? I believe counting values from Airtable dropdown fields should now work correctly.

I believe I got it to work by playing with the filter settings; the filters I used for other blocks without issue werenā€™t cooperating as easily for the chart block, but switching to referring to record_IDs seemed to fix most of that. The more disappointing issue using these was learning that the charts arenā€™t reflecting the live data, and on a schedule to refresh every 15 minutes. I was receiving a lot of bug reports from users and thinking the block was not functioning until I learned of this detail.

Thanks for confirming!

Iā€™m sorry you had to learn chart refresh rate the hard way :woozy_face:.
We do plan on surfacing refresh information explicitly.

Is there any way to force a chart to update? Through custom code, or some other way?

Iā€™m in the same boat as Dany above. Users are very confused when they update information, why their charts are not accurate.

Still waiting for the data to update: 31 minutes in.

The data inside the studio builder is correct. Iā€™ve ā€˜refreshedā€™ it there, published new changes, updated the data via softr & via airtable to see if it could catch any of the updates. Nothin.

Right now, I think my only option is to wait and see. But this is a huge issue for me if theres no way to tell the charts to update on page load.

Hi!

In order to perform this you need a page reload each time users update their information.
Insert this code in the page settings => custom code => footer.
Just replace list-details3 by the name/ID of the block where the update comes from (update action button or one click update action button)

<script>
  window.addEventListener('update-record-success-list-details3', () => {
    setTimeout(() => {
      window.location.reload();
    }, 2000);
  });
</script>

If itā€™s a form submit or add record action button:

<script>
  window.addEventListener('submit-form-success-list-details3', () => {
    setTimeout(() => {
      window.location.reload();
    }, 2000);
  });
</script>

Hello everyone, weā€™ve just released Data freshness info on charts! Let me know if you have any questions/feedback.

hey Everyone! Thank you so much for the help and approaches. Unfortunately, none were the right fit for the following reasons.

1. I needed to represent more than 99 items in the chart
  2. Even the ability to refresh the chart instantly would still be missing information.

Instead, we added a few lookup fields to a single record in Airtable, allowing us to represent all of the data (100+ records) in a single chart via chartjs. It requires a little refinement, but its by far the most flexible way weā€™ve found to represent real-time data and represent as many datapoints as we want (or more specifically, as many datapoints that can fit inside of AIrtableā€™s Lookup fields.)

Here are some screenshots to share how we did this.

1. Detailed list block ā†’ looks at all of the lookup fields:
  2. Custom code block grabs all of the data from the lookup fields that load on the softr page
  3. The Chartjs code uses all of the data from the list details block and creates a chart out of it!

Hope this helps anyone else looking to go beyond softrā€™s charts!

I am still facing this issue on 25-Sep-2023. Couldnā€™t figure out why it would throw this error when the page is published but is showing data in the preview. Thanks to you and this thread - I removed the conditional filter and boom! it worked!
Softr team, Conditional filters are still not working on charts as on other blocks. When is this likely to be fixed?

Hi @meenal.malhotra did you reach out to our support team about your case?

Conditional filters are still not working on charts as on other blocks

Can you tell me more about it?

Just in ā†’ šŸ“ˆ Time intervals on charts + New place to manage user groups.

1 Like