Best Practices on Separating Different Organization Data

Hey yall, I’ve been working on whipping together an SAAS app in Softr and found myself asking how we could make it so that the same could be used by multiple clients. I have a workaround that seems to be working but wanted to check with the community on what’s the proper way to separate different clients data under a single instance of a Softr app.

My current “solution”

1. So currently the way I have it set up is that I have a table in AirTable called “Organization”.
  2. Then I add a column for “organization” to the Users table with a link back to the “Organization” table.
  3. Rinse and repeat for any of the other tables.
  4. Then in whatever lists or displays I work in, I create a condition that filters the results to those that have an organization name that matches the organization name that the Current user belongs to.

This really doesn’t seem like its the right way to do this. It seems like it would be susceptible to accidental display of data to the wrong organization. In a traditional SAAS company, I’m used to being able to stand up separate databases and/or multiple client instances with their own tables all on the same database server, but I’m not seeing that there’s a way to do that here in Softr.

What has the community done?

The client portal template has everything you need:

1 Like

Hey cooper i have the same issue as shunynh, i have looked at the client portal database. I am fairly new to softr, would you be able to clarify how the database segregates each individual business that is using it as i would be looking to build a SAAS CRM with softr

In Airtable, it is typical to have a single table for all users. You then segregate the users by type in that table, by having a “Users” field (you choose the field name). Then each person (“Name” field) you decide on their status (“Users” field) of Client or Consultant etc.