Anyone knew a way to get the table of contents effect in a blog made with softr?

Hello Softr.io community I’m trying new things…

I’ve added a blog section to my website and was wondering if anyone knew a way to get the table of contents effect…

The blog has a list details section, with various types of fields: intro, table of contents, article, conclusion, etc…

I want to create links from the table of contents that is in a long airtable text field to the main section of the article where there are several H2 with paragraphs…

I leave a link so that it is better understood… https://www.turismoporavila.com/articulos-del-blog?recordId=rec1QV7CN4zmubwsj

Hello @Nocodeboy,

I tried to think of a possible workaround and what comes to my mind is having a linked list.

Please check this and let me know if you have questions after checking this.

1 Like

I think this is the type of element the other user was asking for:

To me this seems like a very standard paradigm, that we shouldn’t have to “hack”. Ideally it’d be a page-level setting, but worst case it can just be an ordinary section (i.e. a full-width element, not on the side).

1 Like

By the way, even Softr itself makes use of this paradigm:

they are using helpkit for this page FYI, it is not softr-native

Here are 2 more examples:

The Substack one is like the a16z one I pasted above, the highlight changes as you scroll.

This is basically standard for good sites at this point.