đź’Ą Announcing BigQuery + Softr

Hey everyone! Big news—Softr now integrates with BigQuery! Let’s dive into why this is a game-changer.

The Problem: Scattered data
We all know the struggle – customer info in one place, marketing stats in another— it’s tough to get the full picture.

The Solution: BigQuery to the rescue
BigQuery is your supercharged data warehouse, storing everything from user behaviors to payment information in one central location. But tapping into that used to require some serious tech skills.

Softr: Your data bridge
Now with Softr, you can build reports and dashboards using your BigQuery data without needing a data science degree! Here’s what you can do:

• Customized dashboards: See the metrics that matter most to your team, all in one location.
  • Share insights with partners: Easily share data securely with partners and vendors to boost collaboration.
  • Faster decisions: No more waiting on data folks for basic reports. Access real-time data and make decisions faster.

Example: Ecommerce power
Picture this: You run an ecommerce hub. Instantly offer your vendors dashboards to monitor their product performance. Talk about making everyone’s life easier!

:memo: Important notes:
Right now, the integration only lets you read BigQuery data.
BigQuery is awesome for huge datasets and complex stuff. It’s not meant to replace your everyday database.

Want to try it? Check out our docs to get started.

Let us know what you’d like to build in the comments below.

2 Likes

Fantastic work, team!:raised_hands:t2: You can learn more about how to use this integration here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWCa9JmRh-o

It’s a fantastic way to blend power and simplicity. For those using BigQuery as a data source, this is a game changer integration!!

Along with the BigQuery release, we also added a few small yet mighty improvements:

• Real-time user sync with Airtable & SmartSuite
  • Navigate user to newly created record’s details page
  • More secure file uploads
  • Ability to custom PWA download icon
  • The return of “Max app width” setting in Theme panel

Check them out here: https://www.softr.io/whats-new

2 Likes

Can we expect any more PWA functionality in the near future? Ability to put the download icon on a specific page only perhaps, or share by link or QR code? And dynamic push notifications perhaps…? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Currently not in the Q2 plan. But could you share a bit more about what you’re building as PWA?

Push notification is one strong candidate we’re considering.

I’d like to build a marketplace of sorts, that directly connects users to professionals (in the given sector), so that they can negotiate work directly. In my mind, as any given job could be a race to negotiate between multiple professionals to one user, it being mobile friendly and thus push notifications would be a must.

That’s awesome :smiley:
I have a question regarding technical documentation about its implementation:

For more complex data analysis, use Softr’s built-in query editor to write SQL queries directly against your BigQuery data.

Connect the results of your queries to dynamic blocks to display custom visualizations or tables.

How should I do this?

@gfranco you can learn how to do it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWCa9JmRh-o

1 Like

Indeed @Jjenglert I saw that after posting my comment, your video is very clear well done :ok_hand:

1 Like

Thank you @gfranco !!