Action button - update record - percentage field bug

If you map an airtable percentage field to your update record action, the field will load like 0.6 to represent a 60% figure in airtable. No surprises there, but if you try to enter a new value to update the percentage, let’s say to 50% and you enter something like 0.5, then airtable will have 1% as value.

To make changes as expected, you need to enter 50% by writing the number ‘50’.

This is not confusing to me, but surely some users will have trouble updating percentages. I could also add a caption line to the field with instructions but… If I wish it could be avoided.

Hi @acjnas thank you for reporting. I will share this with the engineering team. I think we either need to add a separate field type for percentage or the number field should render it the way it is in datasource.

Is there are update to this by any chance? I have the same issue when editing data in a Softr edit form.

Even if the Percent Field is not modified, upon form submission, the percent field in Airtable is updated incorrectly.

eg.
Airtable field = 10%
Softr Edit Form shows 0.1% (yes, it shows the % symbol so it’s very confusing)
After Edit Form submitted, Airtable field = 0.1% (even if the field was not modified by the user).

Causing many problems for our users.