Action Button DropDown field conditional filtering

While both Airtable and Supabase have their merits, when prioritizing scalability and data security for a public application with the anticipation of thousands of users, Supabase is a clear winner. Without mentioning the ability of Supabase to handle users authentication.

What a shame! Let’s hope Softr will make this minimal effort, because the lack of filtering criteria is a real handicap, as is the fact that the Table block is not displayed if there are no results. Flutterflow will become an alternative if all this doesn’t work out, but it’s more of a mobile solution?

1 Like

It generates Web & mobile apps. It also publish the mobile apps under your developer account.

Global data restrictions does not affect the dropdowns in item action forms.
User still sees the records that are restricted to his user group in the Dropdown fields!

It actuall does affect the dropdown values in item action forms :sweat_smile:. (‘View’ global data restricition, accessible to all users by the way)

I will try it one more time. Thanks

Hi all!! Updating this thread as PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server and MariaDB data sources are now live! Xano and Supabase to follow suit soon. :rocket:

Hi, is this actually already available for Business Plans?? I can’t see it anywhere when looking at the plan comparison and it shows up as “Dropdown options filtering” on the roadmap, under “Planned”, not even “In Progress”. So I’ve been refreshing almost daily for a hot minute hoping to see progress until I just now found this thread.

Hi @Xaver no that one is not available yet and there is no exact eta when it will be released. Currently, you can only filter with Global Data Restrictions
Compared to global data restrictions that is applied to all the blocks connected to a specific datasource table, the dropdown filtering that you see on the roadmap is supposed to be specific to a certain block

Thank you for your reply :slight_smile:
Is it possible to restrict the data based on a detail block’s condition? I thought this was what this thread is about. I can only see user conditions.

Use case: only select records that match a detail record’s project ID inside Airtable.

Another very helpful and similar feature would be to let the user filter the relevant dropdown options themselves as well, just like in list blocks.

1 Like

Right now fillout form is the way to go for this set of features. SOFTR, if you want people to upgrade to professional by using conditional forms as a USP for them to do so (i know our clients need it) really prio this feature.

1 Like